Devon buddy seats

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoddy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Managed to pick up some nice Devon furniture pieces this weekend to go in our bus. Couple of bits someone might be able to help with....

See pic below, there's a section of trim missing from one of the buddy seat backs. Can this be sourced from anywhere?

I'm thinking although the woodwork in good cond, before I fit to bus tempted to give it a light wipe over with extra fine wire wool and either wax/oil? Thoughts? I'm no woodwork pro :0)

Cheers
Craig

68cf8ecb35b967ae41d822142a6df31d.jpg
8705207e8edfa9a8560ad63e3e805e7a.jpg

I would do exactly that and use a good wax like liberion that will nourish and protect the wood :)

Looking smart those! While earlybay has been down I go to cracking with wire wool and wax and they r coming up nicely. Pulled the old plastic trim off too....fastened on with a shed load of 1.5 inch nails!!

Now onto working out how to fit the buddy seat backs into the bus. Currently thinking fasten some batten to the lower inside edge of the buddy seat uprights and bolt through these and the bus floor with some stainless M8's.

How have others fasted these Devon units into their buses, or how were they originally fastened??

Cheers
Craig

The tall upright unit is fixed to the seat bulkhead with either small bolts or screws.
The seat box is attached to the tall unit with an aluminium profile that allows it to be removed.

The cooker unit is either fitted with a long hinge fixed to the left rear corner and seat bulkhead so that it can swing out through the sliding door opening.

Or a metal framed hinge that allows the unit to be easily removed.

chad said:
This any good?

http://www.camperinteriors.co.uk/tables.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks chad, good recommendation there! Ordered some trim and colour inset. Great service from them... now to start fitting!

4ed1482b3648aac7da8ec118bb437e60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts