Devon cushion dimensions...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike F

Reaction score
The finishing touches for the van which slammedkustom woirked on for 60 days and nights is to get good old Terry to sort the cushions.

Trouble is they all seem to be odd sizes!

P1110141Large.jpg

The image above shows them in 'best fit' format for the lower way of setting up the double bed. Does anyone have the original Devon cushions? If so I'd appreciate knowing the dimensions as going by these replacements is not sensible.

Hi Mike, i have a devon but its a different model, tourvette, or early moonraker i think?..... my bed pulls out in a drawer type of arrangement,that is level with the engine bay, the two cushions from the bench seat (next to the sink unit)are used for the 3/4 bed along with the big cushion above the engine bay, the four cushions from the two buddy seats behind the front seats, arent used for anything other than seating as far as i know, if that sort of makes any sense?........i dont think the dimensions of mine will be any good to you, but let me know if you want em and i'll get me trusty tape measure out!

.........................................kev

Cheers Dude!

Mine is a Moonraker so your cushions may well be the right ones, if you could measure them I'd be grateful.

I use this way of putting the bed out as I am too tall to lie on the upper arrangement, and also don't like banging my head on the cupboard if I let my feet dangle over the edge.

Hi Mike
My Moonraker cushions are original and complete. I'll get the measurements asap. Rick

With the moonraker you can arrange the bed high up over the engine compartment or lower down as in the picture mike posted.

Id love to help you out mike, but mine were replaced years ago so i couldn't guarantee they are the correct dimensions. looks like your sorted anyway.

Hi Mike, cushion sizes for you matey,

3/4 bed back cushion = 45 inches wide x 22 inches high,
3/4 bed seat cushion = 45 inches wide x 19 inches front to back,
buddy seat back cushion = 21 inches wide x 22 high,
buddy seat base cushion = 21 inches wide x 19 high,

i hope this helps you out, like Johnny says i cant guarantee that they are the originals, but its a reference for you, they seem to fit mine ok, but i dont have the swing out unit like you, i have the two buddy seats instead, anyway the other fella may put his up for you too and you can cross reference em

regards..................................kev :)

I've been measuring.... Mike, as you know I have a full set of original cushions but measuring them up I got a bit confuddled. Box Seat between the front seats is easy, 2 cushions

1. Base - 13.5 inch wide X 18.5 inch long X 4 inch thick
2. Back - 13.5 inch wide X 24 inch long X 4 inch thick

then gets confusing.

There are 6 cushions to provide seating in the rear of the bus. One is easy

3. Back of 'sliding reversable' seat - 22 inch wide X 19 inch long X 4 inch thick with flapped back that slips over back of seat - this is shaped to fit i.e. wider at the top and tapers to fit inside sides lower down.

The remaining 5 cushions are thus -

4,5,6. - 23 inch wide X 19 inch long X 4 inch thick.

7,8. - 24 inch wide X 20 inch long X 3.5 - 4 inch thick in a wedge.

I can only think 4,5 and 6 are the base cushions for the rear seat and the 'sliding reversable' seat and the 'wedge' cushions 7 and 8 are the back cushions for the rear seat.

This seems to work and makes some sort of sense.

If you require photos I will snap away!

Cheers, Rick

Cheers Rick - I owe you a beer!

It's all a bit confusing isn't it? Mine were such a missmatch of sizes you couldn't tell which should be where on the read double seat. Now I'm confused as to why you have the wedge shaped ones!

Anyway Terry has the measurementts of mine and can compare with yours and I'll sure he'll make sense of them all.

Thanks bubba dubba as well of course!

No worries Mike - the 'wedge' ones are barely that, a mere 1/2 inch thickness difference from top to bottom, unless the years have been a bit harsh on them that is. I know the feeling....

Latest posts