Devon Interior Production Years

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1968Type2

Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone know for early bays what types of Devon interiors were available for which years? My challenge is that my bus was built on 9/11/67 and registered in the UK on 18/1/68 but has a Moonraker interior. Am I right in thinking the only interiors available for this age bus were Caravette, Torvette and Eurovette, the Moonraker being available for 71 models.
Any help gratefully appreciated.
Mark

my bus was built 9/70 and registered 1/1/71, it has a devon moonraker interior, and yes your right caravette, eurovette and tourvette, and moonraker was later @ >70. Maybe you were and early prototype?

welcome to EB :wink:

1968Type2 said:
Hi
Does anyone know for early bays what types of Devon interiors were available for which years? My challenge is that my bus was built on 9/11/67 and registered in the UK on 18/1/68 but has a Moonraker interior. Am I right in thinking the only interiors available for this age bus were Caravette, Torvette and Eurovette, the Moonraker being available for 71 models.
Any help gratefully appreciated.
Mark

My guess would be that your interior was replaced at some stage...

And welcome to the forum - nice to have you with us...

;)

:D Thanks for the response from Johnny & Justin & Mutley and judging by the number of views people are interested to know what interiors where available in which years. I am awaiting David Eccles book "The inside story"and will contact him if the book does not provide the answers to my bus. It appears to be totally original apart from being lowered. What I do not want to do is destroy a piece o history as I think this may be the 2nd oldest Devon in the country. I see from Volkszone people have contacted the current Devon convertors and their records only go back to when they purchased the company. Has anyone tried to contact the owners of the original company J.P. White of Sidmouth to see if they have records :?:

Unfortunately J P white and son are no longer in existance,

However, have you tried the following link?
http://www.devonmoonraker.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/OthersalesBrochures.html

You may be able to identify your interior from the brouchers page

Hope this helps

Stick with the Moonraker - my opinion is that it's the best of all interiors. At the least try it for a while.

If you do rip it out I'll make an offer for the wardrobe cupboard!

My Devon was built January 68 but when I took out the furniture to restore it I found date stamps on the furniture indicating it was checked (presumably ready for installation) in September 69. It's a caravette but it's highly likely that your moonraker furniture would also have inspection date stamps and maybe this would answer your conundrum.

Thanks for the inputs re keeping the Moonraker interior and Banacustard thanks for your tip re quality control dates on the furniture. I have just uncovered the van and checked out each piece of furniutre but as yet I cannot find any dates. What I have realised by referencing David Eccles book is that I have a Moonraker interior but with what appears to be a a very different style sink and a cool cabinet underneath than appears in the book.

Here are some photos:

sink.jpg

cooker.jpg

back.jpg

The dates were well hidden away on the inside of furniture eg inside the casing for the drawers over the engine. You might not even see it unless you took it out.

Latest posts