Devon louvre Window

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to change the main rubber holding the window in as its leaking and need to get it sorted before the interior.

So is it just a standard rubber as if you were fitting glass?

Any tips on where to get it from?

Thanks

Woz

Yep it's a standard factory window seal. There should also be a thin rubber seal on the window itself where it sits in the main seal. If it's missing or knackered it might mean that the window is a bit loose in the seal.

BrotherNumberOne said:
Yep it's a standard factory window seal. There should also be a thin rubber seal on the window itself where it sits in the main seal. If it's missing or knackered it might mean that the window is a bit loose in the seal.

Thanks for the info - interesting about the other seal and could well turn out to be the reason for the leak.

I have had a look on some of the main suppliers web sites and can't see the other seal. Anyone bought one?

I will ring VWH later to see if they do it.

Alex VW Heritage said:
Sadly it is not something we can help you with. :cry:
Oh Dam! Thanks for having a look at this for me though

Anyone changed their Devon louvre window and come across the additional seal, and where did you get it from?

Woz

Not done mine yet thinking of using that sticky back stuff that you use round doors to draft proof them, think you can get it from B&Q
just a thought don't know if it will work ???????

PS get the rubber stuff not the foam (foam will absorb the water)

Bob

vinvan said:
Not done mine yet thinking of using that sticky back stuff that you use round doors to draft proof them, think you can get it from B&Q
just a thought don't know if it will work ???????

PS get the rubber stuff not the foam (foam will absorb the water)

Bob

Thanks Bob - Have you got your window out? i'm not sure what the additional seal looks like, is it just a band or a u channel and how thick is it?

I have tried to use the search function but not had much luck.

When i was repairing underneath i could see water leaking in then down the back panel through the floor and straight onto to most rotten bit of the chassis. So really keen to get this sealed up.

What have others done with this window?

Woz

Just looked at the louvre window I have ready to fit in my bus.
It may be different as I guess it came out of an import westy, but this may help.

My frame is a sheet of aluminium (blue in diag.) & fits into a seal which I have tried to draw here. The frame, with seal fitted, then sits inside the bus window aperture. It is held from the inside by screws screwed into a channel in the window frame.
The seal material is plastic. Semi-flexible like pvc. Total width of seal is approx 15mm.

7ce736928d5cda2cfe73534595de57a6.jpg

c32eb23017f4aac2a1abad6db758884a.jpg

Phil.

RePhil said:
Just looked at the louvre window I have ready to fit in my bus.
It may be different as I guess it came out of an import westy, but this may help.

My frame is a sheet of aluminium (blue in diag.) & fits into a seal which I have tried to draw here. The frame, with seal fitted, then sits inside the bus window aperture. It is held from the inside by screws screwed into a channel in the window frame.
The seal material is plastic. Semi-flexible like pvc. Total width of seal is approx 15mm.

7ce736928d5cda2cfe73534595de57a6.jpg

c32eb23017f4aac2a1abad6db758884a.jpg

Phil.

Thanks for the info and going to the trouble of diagram and pictures!

I think my plan is to take the window out and have a look. it is different to the Westy and i think the edge is similar to a piece of glass it's just this additional seal that has been mentioned and i cant seem to find out any info on at the moment.

Woz

Hi Take a look at the link below you might find what your looking for

http://www.facebook.com/restobusparts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good Luck Bob

Latest posts