Devon Sunlanders - How Many Left ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagman

Reaction score
As any owners of the Devon Sunlander will know, this conversion was only produced in limited numbers for one year only in 1971 and despite loads of research via various sources over the past few years I have been unable to determine how many Sunlanders were produced at the time and more importantly how many are there left either on the road or on 'SORN'.

My local motor museum,Grampian Transport Museum,are holding an event in May called 'How Many Left ?' (referring to the website of the same name which we've all probably dipped into from time to time) highlighting rare classic vehicles that have less than 500 still existing. I plan to take Heidi, my Niagara Blue/Pastel White Sunlander along and it would be great if I could include in my display estimated info on how many Sunlanders are still around. Now I understand that there were far less than than 500 Sunlanders ever produced possibly nearer a 100 but would love to know how many are still around in whatever state of repair.I reckon there's probably very few that have survived.

So if you have a Sunlander or know of anyone who currently has one could you post details on this thread with any info on colour,SORN or taxed, current condition (e.g road worthy/undergoing restoration etc) and any other relevant info.

Latest posts