Dilemma

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie

Reaction score
I have a choice to make chaps and I'm not sure which way to go.............

My new bus will be ready in a few weeks and at the moment I have the option of keeping it on our drive (safely behind gates and within our curtilage) or it could live in our single garage.

The thing is our garage is currently 'my' gym with an Olympic bench, squat stand, bars and load of plates.

There aint enough room for the van and my weights so the weights would have to go and I could lose my 'buff physique' (cough) as I wont be able to lift anymore - I could I guess join a gym but I don't live near one.

What would you do? :?

I could buy a cover for the van?!

What is the oldest ??????? The weights or the van ? ANDDDDD what`s worth more ? You could always take your wheels off and rotate them every night,,,,,,,,,, without a jack :lol: :roll: :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, My weights went a long time ago !! :shock: :shock: :shock:

If I had the choice ours would stay in the garage over winter ... suppose it depends upon how much work you have had done and how much you care for it. Have thought of a cover for ours over the winter but seems to be differing thoughts on whether it really protects, breathable, etc.

Isnt there anywhere down on the Island to go? probably not if you want to lift serious weights? I used to get out cycling before the bus arrived and now spend my spare hours underneath it!

By the way - have you had the bus sprayed, other works done, if so be interested to hear what you got done and by whom, and whether you'd recommend, we're up near Petersfield and at the least need to get Pickles painted this winter.

Baz

Lose the weights! Garages are for putting vehicles in :)

Luckily I have space in my garage for van and junk - but if you have the option to put the bus under cover then it will pay dividends in the long run, it's great knowing that it's tucked up dry and safe in the recent down pours!

...put the weights on the drive...then everyone can see how 'buff' you are as they walk past in the wind rain snow ice... :lol:

meanwhile your bus will be looking good 8)

Some good replies chaps :D

I've a few weeks left to think about it until the bus is ready but as much as I'm looking forward to getting the bus - it is in very sound rust free condition, I'm struggling at the thought of losing my weights.

If I'm 100% honest there is a leisure centre about ten mins away that has enough free weights there to keep me happy, I just like the ease of being able to go just pop in my garage and lift.

Pickles/Baz

The bus is coming from Solihul (Midalnd Early Bay) so not local mate, I don't know of anything round here that I can recommend. I am thinking about joining the Club in Pompey - PKW and hope to pick up some tips and recommendations from people there on where to take a bus if it needs work.

ATB

Jamie said:
it is in very sound rust free condition

It would be very nice to keep it that way. Most of the rust issues that we all experience are brought about by the British climate. If you was in Florida, different matter perhaps just trying to keep it in the shade, Now that must be a huge problem !! 8) :lol: 8)

Ozziedog,,,, We should be so lucky :roll: :lol: :roll:

sell the weights then get under the nose of your rust free bay and start pressing that ;)

a couple of hernias later and you'll come round to the idea that its futile and just start enjoying the bus

choices-choices-id put the van in the garage were it belongs :) and the weights were they belong [in the bin] :shock: its a dub thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

I`d definately put it in the garage.
You do`nt want to see all your hard work and dosh rusting away on the drive.
I arranged use of a mate`s garage before i bought my van .
I`d never leave mine out in the open.

There is also the theft issue :shock: :shock: :shock: Out of sight is best !!!
Small low loaders are usually doing the rounds.

You never get all your money back with the insurance

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, Lets be carefull out there 8) :? 8)

Leave your bus outside on Hayling Island ! :shock:

which is the cheapest

A Bus restoration or silicone implants? :lol:
put the bus away and join the gym nipper :roll:

Latest posts