Dilemma

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAY-1977

Reaction score
Hi all, so after making my decision to go with the Red9 front suspension set up I've come across the dilemma that you can't fit 14"or 15" steels to it?? :(
I want to keep the 14" hopefully 15" steels! The red9 seems perfect in every way. So my dilemma is do I change my style of wheels (that upsets my whole vision I have of my van) or do I compromise on suspension set up inc steering an everything? What would you do? Is the red9 just to good to miss out on? :?

What you can't use the original 5x112 13" steelies, even with the near standard ride height? That sucks!

We use modified late Bay spindles so that disc brakes are available to all at reasonable cost. Upgrades can still be used, from mild to wild as well as the wide variety of wheel and tyre combinations that are in use today. However, neither of the early steel wheels are suitable (14" or 15"). They do not have the clearance on the inside of the rim due the large step there.

This is on the more info part on there website for it :(

Sweet so red9 and ground down callipers = fitting of 14"/15" steel wheels?? 8)

Would T25 syncro steelies fit? They're a bit wider aren't they?

The issue with this is the way wide5 steels are welded on the inside, this fowls the calliper. Narrow5 rims are one piece and fit

Latest posts