does mild lowering cause problemos?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingchimp

Reaction score
Thinking of lowering by one spline one-day lowering type joby -will this cause any problems or is that only if you go real low?

The only problem you will find is that you will want to take it lower...... ;)

As gninam says the only problem is you will deffo want to go just a bit lower.

I dropped mine by about 4" at the back and 4.5" at the front and havent had any problems with the ride. Just make sure your shocks etc are up to the job.

J.

Thanks, yep the van gets lower the wallet gets lighter! - Does anyone know if t2d one day lowering is any good or is it the same as what anyone else does?!

Drove a mates pickup that had the T2d one day mild lowering service expecting the ride to be shithouse. Suprisingly it was quite good but he was running some thick rubber all round.

Where are you? I know a good company 'daan saaf' that can drop it a tad for you, same way T2D do on there one dayers, Farnborough VW Center

First thing I did on mine (once brakes etc had all been checked through) was T2D's drive in/out lowering. Went down I think around 3in but wish I'd gone a tad more at the front. Not much, just another 1in or so.

Bus rides lovely though and also, can take five of us, all our gear and fold-up caravan on the back. So while it's a compromise, it's one that works.

Jimbly said:
First thing I did on mine (once brakes etc had all been checked through) was T2D's drive in/out lowering. Went down I think around 3in but wish I'd gone a tad more at the front. Not much, just another 1in or so.

Bus rides lovely though and also, can take five of us, all our gear and fold-up caravan on the back. So while it's a compromise, it's one that works.

Yea I'm the same, regrettably my fronts not adjustable either. Wish it was.

I'd recommend paying the extra and having adjusters fitted to anyone.

Latest posts