Dog friendly campsites

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merlydog

Reaction score
Anyone had any good experiences? I really don't like having to tether the hounds if I don't have to, they're well behaved friendly beasts and will go have a look but don't get into trouble. Problem is you come across those strange kids that are frightened of dogs more and more often, I don't like to cause offence so prefer to avoid such locations.

Anyone recommend a decent campsite that has no issues with doggies? The wilder the camping the better, I don't really care for hook ups etc... I'm a real camper and looking forward to getting out in the bus this year with the doggies!

I can heartily recommend Park Cliffe Campsite in the Lakes - very near Lake Windermere

We have stayed there several times and it really is fantastic

http://www.parkcliffe.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We went to Lynmouth and I can honestly say it is a dog friendly town we stayed at the Sunny Lyn campsite which is right next to the river Lyn the website is
http://www.caravandevon.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The owners were very helpful, facilities were good too.

Even the pub which is just through the gate at the bottom of the site allows dogs in, food, people and dogs were all great. We had the gentle snoring of our bulldog right the way through our evening meal just like home and the open fire was superb. It's a nice town to walk around somewhat hilly but has a funicular railway which again allows dogs on. There are a few rules about dogs for the site but nothing you wouldn't expect, lots of walks over the river. Worth visiting for a short break weekend then move on. Ben

Side Farm near Patterdale , overlooking Lake Ullswater .

A beautiful site with Fantastic view's. Clean Toilet/Shower blocks hot water with Laundry Facilities . We go every Easter without fail and each year it seem's to be busier . Dog friendly and no animal fee's either , Very relaxing Atmosphere .

Side Farm Camp Site
Patterdale
Ullswater
Lake District
Penrith
Cumbria
CA11 0NP

Latest posts