Dont mean to be picky....but

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Low lights is it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-camper-van-early-bay-unfinished-project_W0QQitemZ290085080737QQihZ019QQcategoryZ27385QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:shock:

Mind you it could have always had a late bay front put on it and the reg is due to it being imported??? :oops:

Dunno though...........

TAX EXEMPT! its on a V reg..
dont you love people who leave the cap lock on, its like there shouting at you.
that bus is a proper project!

I suppose that the van was imported and they just got a plate and not an age related plate for it?
:?:

If the vehicle is tax exempt then I imagine it must have started off as a low light. The only thing I can assume is they've put the later front repair panel on (as getting hold of a lowlight one is near impossibe), with the intention of fitting the low light front repair section and top indicator block offs perhaps?

As for the V plate, judging by the fact it's a left hooker I imagine it wasn't imported into this country til 79, they just never made the effort to get an age related plate.

Right second time Easy!
All replacement front panels (that aren't NOS) seem to be late ones that you have to weld the upper holes up! (Very annoying!).
Not sure about the V plate though - I guess if you could prove when it was made it wouldn't matter...
Doesn't really seem to have a lot going for it does it???
;)

and they copied my tailgate! :x
no ones gonna copy my next trick!

but to be honest late front panel, arches, vents etc makes it a late bay. i know its got the early bumper lower front but its still more late than early...

jabbo said:
If the vehicle is tax exempt then I imagine it must have started off as a low light. The only thing I can assume is they've put the later front repair panel on (as getting hold of a lowlight one is near impossibe), with the intention of fitting the low light front repair section and top indicator block offs perhaps?

Until you realize it has a late bay-style rear air intake vents. Seems like the Identification numbers may have been played with. Wouldn't be the first time. Unless, it's been a complete cut-n-weld abortion job.

vanagonman said:
jabbo said:

Until you realize it has a late bay-style rear air intake vents. Seems like the Identification numbers may have been played with. Wouldn't be the first time. Unless, it's been a complete cut-n-weld abortion job.

If it was a 72 it'd be a crossover model so would have the late intakes! Like loads of the buses on here!

thats what i was thinking, why only this morning i bumped into a solid as a rock bay window mere yards from my house..... funnily enough i was in my garage at the time! :lol:

slammedkustom said:
thats what i was thinking, why only this morning i bumped into a solid as a rock bay window mere yards from my house..... funnily enough i was in my garage at the time! :lol:

even if it has had the front panel changed from early to late - it also has late cab steps.

And anyway calling it a 'lowlight' now is like slammedkustom calling his bus 'stock' - it was stock once but it ain't anymore!![/i]

Latest posts