door air vent

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bert

Reaction score
hi thanks for all the input on my topic about the seat covers
my deluxe has white door vents and i was wondering if anybody on the forum here had or knew were to get a passenger door vent in white.

repairing mine is definatly an option but if i can find a decent one ill pop on it

cheers rob

thanks mate, been looking there for awhile i guess ill try to fiberglass the inside if mine together

Hi,
If you are talking about the plastic arm rest type air vent, I repaired mine with a soldering iron.
I guess if you have holes or missing chunks then fibreglass filler would work. But trying to find the right glue for each type of plastic is always tricky.
I used a clean small soldering iron to weld the broken edges together. You need to dig in below the surface & drag the tip across/through the join (rather than along it). If you need extra material look around everyday items for the same type of plastic. I used an empty fabric conditioner bottle.
I repaired inside & out & the repair is OK for me. On the outside i just tickled it & tried to stipple the surface to match the surrounding area.
Avoid the fumes!

I hope this helps.

Phil.

Latest posts