Door handle fitting

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8ballbug

Reaction score
I can't seem to get my old sliding door handle out and not sure if the new one i have is the same?
its a 69 bay and the new one has the barrel in the handle the same it just looks a bit different :shock:

If I remember correctly, you undo the inner handle (small phillips screw) it should then make the door handle slide out ( just go outside and give it a tug ) This should work but I can't recall if this was my old bay I did this on and that was a 75 and it has a separate lock unit. good luck

Did this last summer.
1, Remove inner handel(the screw is under the cap)
2, If the outer handel dosent pull out(MINE DIDNT) Tap it from inside with a impact mallet.
3, Once removed you will need to take out the lock barrel to put in your new handel. This is retained by a almost invisible grub screw on the handel shaft. Use loads of WD and give the shaft a good rud with some wire wool etc.
4, Put back in reverse order stand back and admire your work.............
Easy.

yep its the small grub screw that is the problem. you usually cant see it due to grime but there is one there. trust me. i nearly ripped the handle through the door before i noticed the grub screw. once that came out it is very easy.

Latest posts