Dormobile fastenings are rather chafing!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marvel

Reaction score
Now this has been bugging me for ages, there is nothing worse than chafing.
The fastenings on the outside of the bus behind the sliding door rub on the frame of the window of the aforementioned door, which is causing the paint to be scratched and also stops the door fully sliding open to the catch.
Is this a design fault or do I need to adjust the sliding door?

Yep, those are the ones
J10950.jpg

I got the local saddlers place to make some leather belt straps instead of using the ugly rubbers, they work a treat and look good as well, I'll try and post a pic!!

Cheers

Wayne

good thinking Bricktop. Or how about a regular leather belt cut into small straps with a couple of standard turn buckles from Ebay? never been a fan of the rubber thingies personally.

Mine has the straps on the inside as well with the thumb turns, but assumed people had these rubber ones on the outside as well for added safety. Do you think it'd be safe enough with just the straps on the inside then?

I too had the same problem when i replaced mine too. What i discovered is that the original ones have been cut/shortened so it just misses the door, if i get a chance over the weekend i will take a picture. It still works perfectly but the 'prongs' dont stick out as much and still hold the ball section of the rubber.

The rubber toggles were an extra fastner - the main ones were the internal straps with turn buckles.

The rubber toggles can be "modified" so they dont rub.

Just as a geeky aside - the originals were white.

Latest posts