Dormobile - really nerdy detail...!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dickie524

Reaction score
Hi all Dormobile owners,

Really pernickety bit!! - under the sink lid, there is/ was a warning label, something to do with travelling with the lid up or something. Anyway - mine is 80% missing - I wondered if anyone had a photo of the original - was thinking of trying to print up a replacement...

I know, I know - but the devil is in the detail innit?!!

Visible on this nice example here:
http://home.btconnect.com/oakley-web/dormobile9_files/image015.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Never noticed that before - that really is quite nerdy of you!!! :lol: :lol:

(I want one now!!)

Might be worth keeping a look out on the Bedford / Land Rover / Commer etc Dormobile conversions as well as I think there is a good chance they were on those sink lids too.

Interested to see what it says - is it to warn of spillage of washing up water when going around corners?!!

Cheer

Andy

Pretty sure the picture you have used is my van from a few years ago before the rear windows were changed!!! That or someone has the same fabric cushions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it probably is matey, I've used pics from that google cache lots of times to work out what goes where!! :D

Yeah, no doubt it is some such useful advice!

Is yours still readable Bookie?

Dickie524 said:
I think it probably is matey, I've used pics from that google cache lots of times to work out what goes where!! :D

Yeah, no doubt it is some such useful advice!

Is yours still readable Bookie?

I think so! Some other notices around the van. I'll take some pictures later and post on here for you.

I see you're trying to get all the detail right for a standard dormobile... Did you know about the warning light in dash if you tried driving with the roof up?! Thing of beauty that.

Anyway, I'll take some pictures of the notices dotted about.

Yeah, half trying at any rate! Cheers for that, that's really good of you!

I did know about orange light, yep - on the 'to do ' list, doesn't work at the moment!

Until then I'll just have to resort to an 'over the shoulder' check to remind me whether or not I have an oversized frame tent on the roof... :roll:

that's such a clean interior! Mine was never like that!

Bit off topic but you don't happen to have the cab & front windscreen curtains with poppers on? Desperate for the measurements as am getting some made up - can't find mine & got a terrible feeling I binned them by mistake :( :(
cheers!

19025fd75676eb303e03122124fb67e2.jpg

Here is the sticker... Useful advice id say!!

Here are some other close ups of various little nice bits. My favourite is the original bin on the inside of the cupboard.
1b5b5dd00cbcf1ca67708b5dffbcff1d.jpg

309bbe60b8e072d0548773f5e4f5795e.jpg

62f3285756a49b7ba27279bd6257e8f3.jpg

mginty said:
that's such a clean interior! Mine was never like that!

Bit off topic but you don't happen to have the cab & front windscreen curtains with poppers on? Desperate for the measurements as am getting some made up - can't find mine & got a terrible feeling I binned them by mistake :( :(
cheers!

Yes I've got the popper curtains for front cab, awesome, so easy to use. Also have mozzy nets with poppers for those hot nights.

I could measure then for you, but please don't hold me accountable if they then don't fit! DIY never been one of my best qualities!

The other curtains have little magnet weights in, really good as they clip to bodywork & they also have little poppers to join up back windows with middle windows.

That's brilliant, thanks very much for that!

Now, googles custom sticker manufacturers in the Derby region... :lol:

Hi folks, got a few stickers printed up! Sad I know...

Let me know if you want one - £2.00 posted!

Rich

Not sad, cool! I'll have 2 please, 1 for me and one for a mate who has just bought his first bus after 20 years of envying mine. Have you got a PayPal account?

Latest posts