Dormobile roof and winds

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marjorie71

Reaction score
Hi

Looking forward to our first family holiday camping in Marjorie. But, I was wondering, the site we are going to is coastal on the north coast of cornwall. How stable is the roof up in strong winds? The mechanisms are all working and in good condition. Are we best to face the pop up part away from the sea or wont it make much difference? Sorry if its a daft question.

:shock:

you needn't worry about the wind, unless a hurricane hits North Cornwall iwc probably best to keep the roof down.

If you see a turquoise/white 68 Dormie down there give us a hoot - we'll be around St Agnes for the first 2 weeks of Aug.

...a more realistic problem is keeping the light out in the morning, esp for kids in bunks upstairs - hanging curtains on a 45 degree roof even with poppers/straps is a difficult. We improvise with rubber mats cut to size on the outside - held on with Neodymium magnets...

Hi

That's fab thanks. The pitch we are on means we need to reverse in to have a sea view via the back hatch. So this means canvas sea facing. That reassures me, thank you! :D

hi pal i leave mine up in most winds it just rocks you to sleep :lol: some times i do face in to the wind where poss if its really strong but thats only so i can sit with the slidingdoor open

Latest posts