Dormobile roof linning

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin pane

Reaction score
Has anyone to attempted to line the inside of a dormobile roof ? is it possible ?. Im fed up with looking at a bare fibreglass roof surface. :(

Welcome to the forum.
It might be difficult to do with the skylights and windows there,but I think the Dormobile roof is one of the more attractive roofs fitted.Maybe if you wanted to try something you could make something that clips over the aperture?

or why not try simply glueing a nice leatherette to the roof, reasonably priced and will look as good as the amount of time you want to spend on it....

Dormobile actually sell something to go on it - bought some but not put it on yet.
Supposed to help with condensation and noise etc...........

R's

gninnam said:
Dormobile actually sell something to go on it - bought some but not put it on yet.
Supposed to help with condensation and noise etc...........

R's[/quote....Ill have a look at the dormobile stuff, failing that it will have to be Araon's suggestion but with all the curves the material needs to stretch in both directions, something Ive not found yet.

gninnam - what's this Dormobile stuff then? Tell all......

The outside of my roof is painted with coach paint which looks good, but I'm not sure it would be as successful on the inside. Mine looks pretty grotty too. :(

bit more serious but I intend to double skin mine in fibreglass over a foam filling - not only will this stiffen it for my roof lifting system but it will serve as a noise and heat insulator. i will use a scrap roof for the more complicated appertures but other than that it will be striaghtforward. I will also use the opportunity to smooth out all the ugly external fittings.

i used to find mine condensated really badly.

Silver Camper said:
gninnam - what's this Dormobile stuff then? Tell all......

The outside of my roof is painted with coach paint which looks good, but I'm not sure it would be as successful on the inside. Mine looks pretty grotty too. :(

The stuff feels like some form of tightly packed roof insulation, it's about 20 cm deep and very course, it the size of it will totally fit to the roof!
I will see if I have any pics of it and if not, then I will take some.

Hope this is a bit more helpful :shock:

I remember something in the Dormobile parts book about lining the inside of the roof.
I've looked everywhere, but can't find it.
Here's Dormobile's details, give them a ring and they'll send out a book.
Hope this helps.

Dormobile, 18 Premier Way, Abbey Park Indusrial Estate. Romsey, Hampshire SO51 9DQ.
Tel 44 (0)1794 830831
Fax 44 (0)1794 830839
E-mail [email protected]

tuc said:
any pics yet

Went to take some pics today, but the lining is in a box which has tonnes of stuff
on top and it was getting dark, etc........
So, I didn't.
Will look to get a pic on Saturday if that's OK?

Latest posts