Double Din Stereo

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpop

Reaction score
Has anybody fitted a double din stereo to their Bay Window camper van, was there any problems with clearances, can you post up some pics please.

Hey there mpop, I’ve toyed with the idea but like most people, I have resisted hacking a big chunk from the dashboard. Dashboards in original condition are getting a little harder to source now days. Plan “””B””” in the back of my mind is building an over head windscreen console just above the mirror which might keep it out of sight from outside viewing which could also be a bit of a bonus when there are the light fingered ones about :mrgreen: Perhaps with the flip down screen and integrated sat nav, and toast maker functions to go with it :shock: I had one years and years ago that I’d made, it had a cassette player up there and a radio, and an amp and a graphic equaliser and a CB radio as well. The best bit was it lit up like a Chrimbo tree :( Had two large tri axial speakers under the seats because there was no space anywhere else, loved playing Billy Ocean with that massive drum roll, used to make your bum rumble. You’ve got lots of space there up top, where the sun visors fidget about. I’m also not sure that you have enough space behind the dash without hacking your heater box controls about and the vents too. ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, But it’s your bus, your rules :mrgreen:

Latest posts