Drag Day at Irwindale, California.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ib-bus

Reaction score
Today I went to Drag Day at Toyota Speedway in Irwindale , California.
I am not a fan or know anything about drag racing but I was told it was a great event to sell parts , weather was great and attendance at the swap area was awesome.
I saw a bug claimed to be the fastest VW in the world do 125 mph down the strip :shock:
There were a few earlybays, a few 356s but mostly bugs and splits , hope you like the pictures.

Dragday076.jpg

Dragday075.jpg

Dragday071.jpg

Dragday057.jpg

Dragday066.jpg

Dragday046.jpg

Dragday048.jpg

Dragday055.jpg

Dragday060.jpg

Dragday063.jpg

Dragday064.jpg

Dragday068.jpg

Dragday069.jpg

Dragday070.jpg

Dragday067.jpg

Dragday080.jpg

Dragday090.jpg

Dragday092.jpg

its always good to see whats happening on the other side of the pond....!

:mrgreen:

excellent pics, i was getting some parts sorted over there at the weekend, but all said everything stops for this event, looks really good. 8)

Thanks for your comments.

T2-Nate said:
Damn you people, sun soaked all the time! I'm so friggin' jealous! :mrgreen:

Wheather was great 8) as always :msn4: :lol:

Johnny said:
excellent pics, i was getting some parts sorted over there at the weekend, but all said everything stops for this event, looks really good. 8)

All known vendors were there specially the high performance shops.

Here are the rest of my pictures.

This was my swap meet spot, there is my little helper Mauricio in the back.

Dragday003.jpg

Dragday045.jpg

Dragday044.jpg

Dragday047.jpg

Dragday049.jpg

Dragday053.jpg

Dragday056.jpg

Dragday061.jpg

Dragday065.jpg

Dragday073.jpg

Dragday074.jpg

Dragday078.jpg

Dragday081.jpg

Dragday082.jpg

Dragday083.jpg

Dragday086.jpg

Dragday093.jpg

And my favorite of the show

Dragday084.jpg

cool set of pictures mate, love the pics of the first couple of 3fiddy6's. Looked like a really good day.

ib-bus said:
loweredlight said:
Thanks for the pics Ib, sun, blue skies and VW's..... 8)

You are welcome mate , I like dubdubz's pictures too , nice collection of VW's were on hand.

not mine :( - my good friend went with his daugher and his brother, you probably know them ;) :lol:

he also did me some QT movies of the racing, inc Jesse James not really doing a lot on one run!

the ghia was awesomely quick , but I agree with my buddy an 1/8 mile is a bit gay! :lol:

I am however going to Bug O in sacremento with my pal, you hitting that one? I can't wait tbh.........

dubdubz said:
ib-bus said:
loweredlight said:
Thanks for the pics Ib, sun, blue skies and VW's..... 8)

You are welcome mate , I like dubdubz's pictures too , nice collection of VW's were on hand.

not mine :( - my good friend went with his daugher and his brother, you probably know them ;) :lol:

he also did me some QT movies of the racing, inc Jesse James not really doing a lot on one run!

the ghia was awesomely quick , but I agree with my buddy an 1/8 mile is a bit gay! :lol:

I am however going to Bug O in sacremento with my pal, you hitting that one? I can't wait tbh.........

Sacramento is a bit far for me , about a 9 hour drive each way.
I drive to Los Angeles area shows as they are only a 2 hour drive each way.
I'm sure you'll have a great time.

it's a bit far for us really...he lives in Lakeforest and we're staying in Dana Point, it's a caffeine, adreline fuelled night time moonshine type run, few hours kip at his friends and then vw immersion!

it's 6hours or so he said and it's going to be a great roadtrip - my friends wife thinks we are nuts...as I have insisted we go in his 64 bug, that currently has no engine! It has a stripped out interior and will have a 2110cc lump, it sits about 2 inches off the floor. I truly cannot wait!

I'm probably going to need surgery to remove the grin :mrgreen:

Latest posts