Drop down flip down TV - whats involved?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davydomes

Reaction score
Was thinking of adding a drop down TV but can only seem to find drop down DVD players with TV monitor. Not a techy buy I get the impression I need to get something called a DVB--T to plug in it plus an Ariel?? Does anyone out there know what is needed. Tried searching the site but found nowt. Gonna sort the roof lining soon so need to make a decision before it goes up. Any advice welcome.

Is this still worthwhile? Would not a ipad/tablet and either a sim card or connection to an EE style data dongle provide a more flexible solution?

Clem said:
Is this still worthwhile? Would not a ipad/tablet and either a sim card or connection to an EE style data dongle provide a more flexible solution?

I'm so out of touch - :oops: I hate technology :evil:

Thanks for the idea though - more homework :?

I use my ipad, much easier and just hook it up to my stereo for surround sound :mrgreen:

Davydomes said:
easy said:
I use my ipad, much easier and just hook it up to my stereo for surround sound :mrgreen:

Do you not find the screen a bit small if there are a 3+ people trying to watch?

nope, you think so at first but within your eyes are in sync and its all good :)

Another vote for iPad/tablet from me too. I have a bracket on an arm in my bus which folds away out of sight. Generally download programmes onto iPlayer at home so don't need to worry about wifi when camping, but I guess a dongle thing would be good for longer trips.

We used to have a flip down tele in the t25

They were ok in 2009 but I can see one not being great now. We could never get freeview reception decent on camp sites and most flipdown teles are cheap Chinese and don't last long.

2nd for Ipad for stored films etc, just use phone/tablet to keep upto date with news etc.

You can keep the interior more wirefree/original as well.

Davydomes said:
easy said:

Do you not find the screen a bit small if there are a 3+ people trying to watch?

Surely the size of the van is the most restricting factor there? ;)

I just use one of these plugged into an ipad. Actually works well and the charge does last for a long time 5 hours approx. decent unit for on 20 quid.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/idtv-dvbt-ipadiphone-tv-tuner-with-30-pin-connector-a95lb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've fitted a 22" drop down TV in the roof of my bus, but it is a tin top..

The TV takes up a lot of the roof space, I still have to make all the woodwork to surround it and then put in a ply roof.
Honestly don't think it's worth it; I've had it fitted and working for about 1.5 years, its probably been used less than 30 minutes over that time despite multiple camping trips!

Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk

Latest posts