Dropped Spindles

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Alex & Graham. So essentially, I'd ditch the early discs, drop in new late ones, and remove the modified mounting bushes, as the caliper won't need them. I'll also need to revert back to the original length bolts too.

I guess it's probably worth putting on new ball joints while it's stripped down as well aren't I.

Oh joy!

These are the French Slammers then?

Thanks

Steve B said:
Thanks Alex & Graham. So essentially, I'd ditch the early discs, drop in new late ones, and remove the modified mounting bushes, as the caliper won't need them. I'll also need to revert back to the original length bolts too.

I guess it's probably worth putting on new ball joints while it's stripped down as well aren't I.

Oh joy!

Thanks

Yes they are French Slammer ones. :mrgreen:

So you would need to buy the spindles, late disc's and i would recommend a set of bearings. You would need to use the late bay caliper bolts which you should already be using.

Do get in touch as I will be able to help soften the blow cost wise a bit for you.

Cheers

Alex

Alex VW Heritage said:
Steve B said:

Oh joy!

Thanks

Yes they are French Slammer ones. :mrgreen:

So you would need to buy the spindles, late disc's and i would recommend a set of bearings. You would need to use the late bay caliper bolts which you should already be using.

Do get in touch as I will be able to help soften the blow cost wise a bit for you.

Cheers

Alex

Thanks Alex. I'll drop you an e-mail over in the next few days with a list then. If I'm stripping off parts in this area, it makes sense to renew a few whilst doing it, so going to have a look this weekend what might need changing.

Thanks all for the help - much appreciated.

Latest posts