E Mail help ???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One brainy person required or I`ll be on the phone to our friends in India :D My email has suddenly plonked a pop up on there that appears every time I want to send or receive an email ??? Thats says,,,,
logon to pop.3. Blueyonder.co.uk
Please verify that both the username and password are correct for your mail server,, then there`s a piccy of a marigold (we like piccys usually) and then a box for your username and a box for my password, then a little tick box with remeber my credentials then an ok box and a cancel box.
I`ve tried my user name and password but it won`t go away :evil: So Do I have to ring trans continental ?? Or is there an easy way ??? Cheers in advance ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, Just remember I`m puter pleb :mrgreen:

Reasons for pop up may be many...

For a temp fix ... and to avoid costly phone call... set up a different email, such as hotmail ... to do which: go to MSN.co.uk >>> press the hotmail icon (somewhere on the top right) >> follow instructions

Good luck

Keep an eye on your email. That is a classic trick to capture your email details. Someone may be using your email account to send millions of spam. If you have a web portal that you can change your password on, do it now. That'll stop them using the account. Then look at the issue with the popup.

What email program are you using or is it web mail?

Rich.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Thanks for the replies guys. I think it`s absolutely fanbleedintastic that you`re trying to help :D but I have no idea what you`re actually saying :roll: My email is at blueyonder.co.uk which is the one you get with Virgin (cable),, is that what you meant ??? :?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Clueless or worse even :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

toxicbug66 said:
Keep an eye on your email. That is a classic trick to capture your email details. Someone may be using your email account to send millions of spam. If you have a web portal that you can change your password on, do it now. That'll stop them using the account. Then look at the issue with the popup.

My thoughts too.

Ozziedog, I suspect that you have been phished. Best advice is to change your email password if you can. If you can't, it may be too late and some sod may have control of your emails.

You can prevent popups by clicking a setting in your browser that blocks them. If you are over 40 (like me) this may sound gobbledegook, in which case find a spotty faced teenager and he/she will do it for you in a flash.

George wins !!!! Best idea so far :lol: :lol: :lol: Still not sure what it was but my little mate on the phone sorted it out for me, funny thing is,,,,,,,every time I ring, I get the same fella but I still can`t work out what he said his name is yet,,
Not sure whether I should listen to Delilahtoo as he can`t even spell fished properly ;) But we is all sorted now and we`ve cleared the flood gates of emails too. Thank you very much every peeps now lets see what`s gonna go wrong tomorrow :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Back in control :lol: :roll: :lol:

Latest posts