Early Bay Owners in Mansfield, Notts, Area

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

I live in hucknall. I'm not in any formal clubs or anything but think there are a couple based around Notts / derby.

I've got a 62 notch here and a 69 bay that I'm restoring at my works but that's down in Hinckley.

Not really aware of any other early bays in my immediate vicinity.
There is a square back close by though, and next to that a barndoor bus!

i'm a little bit further away near Newark but would be up for a meet if one is happening

we used to have a small meet at sherwood pines but allways strugeled for numbers.if its lincoln side of mansfield il be up for a meet.

Bosworth Water Trust, you can park right next to the lake, and it has a little man made beach !!!

Its a great day out here, lots of water sports, if you like em, or just park up for a couple of quid for a full day out next to the lake.

If you have a good day, you could even camp over.

I'm in Sutton :)

we meet at The Ashfields pub, first Tuesday of the month, be good to see more bays there!

Bit of a thread resurrection :D

55ovalcharlie said:
Hi

I live in hucknall. I'm not in any formal clubs or anything but think there are a couple based around Notts / derby.

I've got a 62 notch here and a 69 bay that I'm restoring at my works but that's down in Hinckley.

Not really aware of any other early bays in my immediate vicinity.
There is a square back close by though, and next to that a barndoor bus!

Hi, I'm in hucknall too :D Do you still have your bay?? Noticed about 10ish bays around here mostly lates, a couple of xovers, and a early westy, but not a 69
Shaun

MikeyC said:
I'm in Sutton :)

we meet at The Ashfields pub, first Tuesday of the month, be good to see more bays there!

Do you still meet there mikeyc??

Shaun

I'm in the Bingham/ Newark area. Live in Bingham but where the bus lives varies (like to keep potential thieves on their toes :lol: )

Would be up for a meet somewhere for some banter and advice/ideas, but would have to be fairly local until I can get the engine set up as the timing and carbs are out so don't want to damage it.

Adam Foster said:
I'm in the Bingham/ Newark area. Live in Bingham but where the bus lives varies (like to keep potential thieves on their toes :lol: )

Would be up for a meet somewhere for some banter and advice/ideas, but would have to be fairly local until I can get the engine set up as the timing and carbs are out so don't want to damage it.

Definitely :D there's a cracking little wednesday night meet on this side of notts in papplewick on the 1st and 3rd wed of the month about 20-25 min from Bingham at the griffins head, usually around 100 classics there and about 20 of them vw's good cars good peeps good banter ;) Not be there this week myself though on my hols,
Also I'm in a notts local vw group "midlands Aircooled collective" we go to a few shows together , a few local trips out etc and have a good laugh :D one being Dubdayz summer fest in Eastwood notts nice local vw event especially if your still setting up not too far to go
:D

Cheers shaun

I know the one at the griff, my mate used to live on moor lane, so we went a couple of times with his mini ages ago. Is dubdayz at MFN? I'm sure I went to that a couple of years ago with my golf on the ukmkiv's stand. Really good day that was.

Latest posts