Earlybay Camp Out 23/4 April 2016-Banbury BOOKING SITE OPEN

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All sounds good...
Easter is March 27th so looks like April is pretty clear.
Gives me 5 months to sort my oil leaks!
:mrgreen:

If my bank isn't totally drained by my van and I'm feeling brave enough :)

If im not in Japan, i will be there :mrgreen:

working on it but the day job is getting in the way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK we have secured 2 possible venues and would like an opinion on which you would prefer.

Option 1
Hatton Country World (close to Warwick and easily access off the M40/A46)
Has a farm park for families and a shopping area. Farm park costs additional money.
Arrive on the Saturday to camp with main show on the Sunday
Costs would be £9.50 per unit.
No Electric Hook Ups
http://www.hattonworld.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Option 2
Fir Tree Caravan Park, Banbury (easy access from M40 etc)
Has a large Rally field and is used to holding this type of event.(SSVC use it)
Fishing Lake on site and pleasant surroundings
Arrive on the Saturday to camp with main show on the Sunday
Cost would be £6 per unit (figure updated based on using the rally field)
No Electric Hook Ups (if we use the Rally Field which I think we would need to based on numbers)
https://www.firtreefalconry.co.uk/camping/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Waiting for confirmation of dates but am thinking of either the 17th or 24th April 2016 (Hatton has both these available waiting for confirmation of Fir Tree)

Both sites offer a very different setting, I'd prefer the Banbury site I think but what are peoples thoughts so I can progress this.

Nice one Graham,

I've just had a look at both options on UK Campsites as there weren't many photo's on their respective websites. The Fir Tree looks like a beautiful setting so it gets my vote.

Mark

Well done Graham.
Don't think I will be able to make it. I don't think I will get the van road worthy by April if I'm honest :(

I would be well up for this as it has been an age since Iv been to any meet of any kind. Not sure I will have anything road worthy by April but you never know :msn4: and if I was able to make it I would vote for fir tree

Some pictures of the Fir Tree site at banbury stolen off the SSVC site, hoping to get there at the weekend to have a look

imagejpg3_zpsef564932.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsc2efead1.jpg

Hiya G, I`d really like the look of the first one, or the second one. I`m a bit of a tree hugger as you already know, but it`s all about the busses for me and some Stella, so what ever ever ever works bud, just let me know and I`ll get there.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Cool as,,,, easy as,,,, luvvin it big time G :mrgreen:

OK so a few more Diary Dates are being confirmed for next year and its always going to be difficult to avoid another event.

My preferred date is the 23/24th April but it turns out thats Big Bang weekend at Santa pod, there were not that many earlybays there this year but wanted to check with the forum before committing to that date, any thoughts?

As Dave mentioned the weekend before is Bustypes at Oswestry but I think thats turned into a T4/T5 fest as well so it could be that weekend, hoping to get to the Fir Trees at Banbury this weekend (weather dependant).

Big Bang does present a bit of a clash, as it is supposed to be the "Camper & Bus Show"...
Have been for past few years and its been a bit chilly but very good fun.
That said, there's BugJam & VW Action for me to get my fix of drag racing :msn4:

Given the choice, I'd prefer to be able to do Big Bang too

Latest posts