Elide Fireball

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niklee1

Reaction score
Hi All

Anyone seen this before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0y0kbTwwu0&feature=related

[youtube]T0y0kbTwwu0[/youtube]

Was thinking of maybe having one installed in the engine bay as an alternative to a standard fire extinguisher. Activates when exposed to naked flames so no issues with heat of engine. Comes with a frame that can be screwed to the inside and sits there until (hopefully not) there is a fire.
I have spent a while researching and they are between £20-40 each so could represent amazing value, easy installation and peace of mind.

Well if the fire doesn't get yah the explosion will. :lol: imagine that going off on the M5, think it will give me a heart-attack. :lol:
But it does seem very effective & cheap is it leagal over here?

Yes there is a UK supplier. Not sure that driving down the M5 at any speed you would hear much until the power suddenly stopped!!! :D

Big in Iran/Iraq according to the video...looks like Saddam had WMDs after all. :lol:

you can run your youtube videos inline like this

Code:
[youtube]T0y0kbTwwu0[/youtube]

sorted it for you.

Surely it depends on the engine bay temperature? Doesnt seem to take long before it goes boom!

thejones's said:
Surely it depends on the engine bay temperature? Doesnt seem to take long before it goes boom!

No not at all, as I mentioned in the first post, it is activated by naked flame so it would work fine in an engine bay (even if running very hot) as it needs more than just heat to go boom!!! :)

Think I may order one and see how it goes...not boom hopefully!!! :lol:

Well seems to do the trick :shock:

You wouldn't need the discharge light like a firetec, just wait for the rear of the bus to jump off the ground, and the ringing in your ears :lol:

68_early_bay said:
Well seems to do the trick :shock:

You wouldn't need the discharge light like a firetec, just wait for the rear of the bus to jump off the ground, and the ringing in your ears :lol:

I suppose you could use it as some kind of boost if it was pointing backwards!!! :lol: but seriously though i do think this could be a really useful product.

Just got to figure out a way of mounting it in the engine compartment securely!

StuF said:
Just got to figure out a way of mounting it in the engine compartment securely!

The images aren't that good but the bracket does flip both ways and has some screw holes on the side so maybe on the side of the left wheel arch?

I love the fact that on the last test in a container where they close the door, there is a motorbike riding behind it behind the wall.

Latest posts