Empi quick shifter plate...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Reaction score
ive put this up before, but im gonna be messing with my 68pannel soon gonna be and my gears are lets say like stiring a bag of warm spanners, so i want to improve shifting as best as possible, last time i tried to fit one of these
AC711010.jpg

the spring on the gear shifter just pulled the ball out of the socket on the front linkage, anyone else had problems like this? pics would be great or a little how too, other than that the bushes are ok i think...

cheers for any info
alex.

Try to sort the problem properley by changing the linkage bushes first.

This quick shift will just piss you off!

just ordered new bushes, gonna do it all at the same time.....

anyone fitted one of these to a type 2?

cheers
alex

alex said:
just ordered new bushes, gonna do it all at the same time.....

anyone fitted one of these to a type 2?

cheers
alex

I think you just have to swear and fiddle a lot to get all the shiftplate bolted back down as i recall, its not an exact science and it usually takes further fiddling to set the shiftplate so you dont engage reverse when changing from 3rd to second.

The selector bush at the gearbox end is fairly straightforward to fit, you will mainly need an 8mm spanner. I can also remember that the new linkage i bought was crap and had to use the original pivot pin from the old linkage, so make sure you get one from a reputable supplier, it will save you time and much less rust in your eyes from the heater tubes which are right by the linkage, hope this is of some help.

I fitted a quick shift plat, it not to hard and like currylager said lots of swearing and fiddling, i had some problems gettin 3rd an 4th but Moby 5153 on zvi helped me . good luck with it.
andy

Latest posts