Engine Bay Fire Wall

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raggles

Reaction score
My Bus is missing part of its firewall between engine and tank. Does anyone know if there is any difference between the early and late bay firewalls or are they inter-changeable?

Mine's a 71. I have a potential replacement fire wall but its from a later bay ... so i wanted to make sure it would fit as so many things are different on the early Bay.

Raggles said:
Mine's a 71. I have a potential replacement fire wall but its from a later bay ... so i wanted to make sure it would fit as so many things are different on the early Bay.

I found this digging around the board ... so that would seem to answer the question:-

I put one in my 68 this year when I had the engine out for a rebuild. There's two styles ... actually three to be exact. Late bay firewalls won't fit. There are two style of earlybay firewalls ... you want the one that has identical top corners. The 71 earlybay will fit with some massaging in the event that you can't find the elusive "early" earlybay firewall. The frame is not the same our buses that never had a firewall so there will not be as many fasteners, but it only takes a few each side to secure it well. I also put some self-adhesive duct tape (grey stuff about 1cm wide) to seal between the firewall and the bus. See pics for the differences.

Latest posts