Engine Choice

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creationblue said:
My experiance is this. My 1600SP with 34ITCs was a good little engine (54.5bhp on the dyno) that carried 5 of us and a Puck to Cornwall and back without any probs, but the lack of power was noticable, and cruising speed was around 55mph comfortably. Ive just done around 120miles in my new 1776 coupled with a 6rib box, the engine runs twin 40IDfs with ported heads, and its a blast, still taking it easy so not using full power but the motorway journey is a joy, 70mph no worries in fact i now have to lift off to keep the speed down, im more than happy with the settup. But like with everything in life quality does not come cheap, be carefull of cheap sounding engine specs that WILL cost you in the long run if they are'nt built well, do it once do it right! Good luck with what you choose.

Just

What MPG do you get with that setup mate?

Toad said:
creationblue said:
My experiance is this. My 1600SP with 34ITCs was a good little engine (54.5bhp on the dyno) that carried 5 of us and a Puck to Cornwall and back without any probs, but the lack of power was noticable, and cruising speed was around 55mph comfortably. Ive just done around 120miles in my new 1776 coupled with a 6rib box, the engine runs twin 40IDfs with ported heads, and its a blast, still taking it easy so not using full power but the motorway journey is a joy, 70mph no worries in fact i now have to lift off to keep the speed down, im more than happy with the settup. But like with everything in life quality does not come cheap, be carefull of cheap sounding engine specs that WILL cost you in the long run if they are'nt built well, do it once do it right! Good luck with what you choose.

Just

What MPG do you get with that setup mate?

At the moment its not great but thats cause ive done about 300mls, after 1000 ill get it on the dyno and jetted properly as there is a bit of a flat spot. Driving at say 30/40 your barely touching the throttle so running on the idle jets, im seeing the millage is getting better all the time. In theory once all ran in it should return more than the 1600 did as 70mph is bearly half throttle 8) But its gonna be tough not booting it, thats when its gonna drink the gas!

Just

Latest posts