engine running

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisasbloke

Reaction score
hello i was hoping for some help i have just fitted a empi monza 4-tip exhaust as my old one was rusty and had a hole in it i also changed the oil and fitted a new airfilter.
as i drive along now the camper is now back firing when i step off the gas do i need to have my engine retuned or is it something i can do myself
thank you everyone

I'd chuck it in the bin if I were you! :lol:

Sounds like you have an air leak somewhere.

Slammed said:
I'd chuck it in the bin if I were you! :lol:

Sounds like you have an air leak somewhere.

I agree :lol: Is it 1 of those crappy pan cake type filters? I fitted 1 and it made the bus run crap so i went back to the oil bath air cleaner.

Backfire/popping is caused by lean running or more likely in your case an air leak in the exhaust. Tighten everything back up. Look for soot at joints.

Look for a nice long field for a run up. Run as fast as you can, then in one quick motion stop yourself and throw the chrome shot pancake filter as far as you can.

They don't work with the Vw engine. The carb needs something like 3" of unrestricted height above it and those filters are too shallow. Besides they ROB power! Yup you'll go slower. Stay stock or spend 2k+ on a proper setup.

Old engine builders adage for building a quick motor.

Cheap, powerful, reliable... Pick two.

i had similar problems when i first got mine and it had a 009 dizzy on

use to have to thrash it all the time to get anywhere now with correct dizzy runs like a dream without the need for thrasshing it :)

Latest posts