Engines Veewee vs Heritage

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67westy

Reaction score
ANyone had experience of either company. Both offer brand new engines but veewee is a good chunk cheaper especially when the 10% discount is taken into account. I can't really see any difference between the 1600cc's the 1641's I think heritage have a different cam.

1600:
Veewee @ £1755 http://www.veewee.co.uk/index.php/parts/engine/short-engines/002vg0031?vehicle=VW-Camper+68+-79" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Heritage @ £2141.90 https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/211100035/engine-ssp-all-new-1-6-ad-twin-port-no-exchange-needed/?crumbStartPage=1&crumbStartRow=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Veewee @ £1782 http://www.veewee.co.uk/index.php/parts/engine/short-engines/002vg0041?vehicle=VW-Camper+68+-79" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Heritage @ £2237.15 https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/211100035SPM/engine-ssp-all-new-1641-no-exchange-needed/?crumbStartPage=1&crumbStartRow=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (this has engle 100 cam)

Any opinions?

If you ring and speak directly to Alex at vwheritage he can normally sort you out a better deal

I'd go Heritage mate, there motors are quality. Alex will help you out if he can too

Cheers guys, the 4-500 quid different is quite significant. Maybe they'll price match :)

Well I ordered a heritage 1641 in the end. James there helped me out, unfortunately couldn't match the price but hopefully worth the extra!

I got the Heritage 1641 and I`ve just about run it in. Not given him any stick yet but so far I`m loving it, even without stick it does feel strong and smooth. Alex did sort it for me and any of the guys there are worth talking to as they always do their best for us Early Bay peeps.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

I have a Heritage 1776. The advice & support from Alex more than made up for the difference. The engine pulls like a train. A top vote from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear positive things about the heritage engine, I'm hoping it will give me a good few years trouble free. Did the engines come with everything setup or do you need to do things like valve clearances? Do they provide info on running it in?

Valves were set up, (but still check them) distributor drive needed installing, but easy enough to do.

Speak to Alex @ Heritage., he will advise on anything you are not clear on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next working day if you order in the week. I ordered just before they shut on Saturday and will be with me Wednesday

As said do feel free to email me [email protected] if you need any help,

Thanks for all the kind comments :mrgreen:

The engine will come with a gasket kit and brand new oil cooler, the rest of the parts you can use off your old engine (Tinware, Carb, Exhaust etc...)

It also comes with a wadge of instructions and paperwork, Please DO take the time to read it and follow the instructions. It goes through the instalation and running in period and how to ensure you keep your warranty intact! I like most men hate reading instructions but in this case It is necessary!

All my best with it,

Alex

Thanks Alex, I would have got in contact about the purchase but I figured you probably wouldn't be working a bank holiday weekend :)

Will make sure I read everything carefully, can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow :D :D

I said that when I installed my twin carbs on the 1600 that would be it, but my head has been turned. When the time comes I'll be going for a Heritage 1776.

67westy said:
Next working day if you order in the week. I ordered just before they shut on Saturday and will be with me Wednesday

Just to update this, it's next working day if the delivery company remember to load it on to the truck :roll: :lol: They delivered a set of tins and parts weighing 150kg apparently :lol: Should be with me tomorrow now, hopefully............

Alex VW Heritage said:
Gutted, really sorry to hear this, I will get it taken up with the couriers!

Thanks Alex, I wasn't having a go at heritage obviously it's out of your control once it's handed to the courier. These things happen :)

Been onto the courier, they have apolagised and we now have new measures in place with them so they do not split up the pallets we send out. They have promised it on a pre 10:30am for you tomorrow, once again our apologies!

Latest posts