Engines ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shearsy

Reaction score
I have this type 3 1600 engine, but can anyone tell me if it any good for a camper. i know the cooling tins need changing and the oil sender taped out, and the dip stick.But is the crankcase any good.

Thanks
Shearsy

hey in theory anything will work, time and energy provided (funds as well). the type 3 is in essence a type1/2 but the fan and oil cooler in the horizontal position thus the pancake was born so yes not a problem however real thought into the cooling should be considered and there are many cooling systems out there promisinng the world so please spend some time and dare I say money and you could have an absolute prize :D properly speced and the type 3 looks a treat otherwise swap it for something more conventional and enjoy the simplicity!

Should be fine, a new AS41 case is universal to fit T1,2 & 3. As long as the case has been drilled and tapped to accept a early bay engine bar.

The dipstick is the main difference. Kingfisher Kustoms to a bolt on adaptor cheap.

Tapping the oil way for a sender is easy enough, as is changing the oil cooler.

It will have the brace bar mounts anyway. I fitted a Type 3 motor to a bay before.

Obviously all the bay tinware is used.

Latest posts