feed for interior light????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharky71

Reaction score
Evening peeps.
I want to run a feed from my lb to the interior light above flip out dining table(westy) and not use original feed from vb.
What has everybody else done or do you still use vb??
The only feed off my lb at the moment is the radio/eberspacher and a 12 volt cigarette light unit in the coolbox unit which was already there when i purchased the bus. :msn4:
All these where fed up under the van and gained access via the drain hole in floor or fed them thru the front behind panel(radio feed).
I would also like to place a light up in the roof above the bed,again what has everybody else done.
I don't want to drill any furniture if i can help it and don't fancy any trunking on show.

Any suggestions????

:sick0019:

do you have a west wardrobe, i ran my along the hollow section in the roof then over the roof in the hinge cover then into the wardrobe, where the air vent meets the flat panel you can drill a hole that will drop into the engine bay, i have a second fuse box in the wardrobe, let us know if you need pics.

pics would be great fella.
i have got a full length westy wardrobe but :roll: not sure exactly where you mean to drill.
have you fitted a junction box to be able to disconnect the lights if wardrobe needs to come out??

there's an access hole for the light wiring and the rear window demister wiring in the pillars on either side of the windscreen that runs up the pillar to the space between the wooden headlining and the roof, i managed to get 4x2 1.5mm speaker wires up through this.its jusy above the ducting that takes air into the doors. just follow the demister wire from the switch and you should find it

stu

g16stu said:
there's an access hole for the light wiring and the rear window demister wiring in the pillars on either side of the windscreen that runs up the pillar to the space between the wooden headlining and the roof, i managed to get 4x2 1.5mm speaker wires up through this.its jusy above the ducting that takes air into the doors. just follow the demister wire from the switch and you should find it

stu

sorry stu you have lost me there.
i have a liesure bat opposite vb and want to get a feed to the light in roof above flip up table(westy) and also maybe some sort of light in roof space(got a continental conversion from faux so it's a bit dark :msn4: ).
didn't want to drill furniture if i can help it also needs to be easy to disconnect incase the lots got to come out(don't know why to be honest i don't intend to remove it again but you never know :roll: ) so basically it's a feed from lb in the back upto a couple of lights,also what sort of lights would one reccommend in the roof space??

:sick0019:

Latest posts