fibre isolating washer/spacer for fuel gauge wire to dash?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
bit of a longshot but does anyone know if it is possible to get the fibre washer/disc with a splt in (i have no idea what its called) that isolates the fuel gauges connecting plugs from the metal dash frame?

one of mine disintegrated and caused a short that burnt out the wire, very scary with lots of smoke all of a sudden whilst driving. i tried to fix it with normal washers, insulation tape ect but i can seem to get it to be as securely isolated as if i had the original part.

google and ebay are not helping.

have you tried 'fiber' washers, this might be what you are looking for (but I can't vouch for their properties). I bought at pack of them on eBay in various sizes for a couple of pounds (come in useful for all sorts of jobs)

Yes but I couldn’t get a good enough grip with the little pegs due to the hole not a slit.

Looking around on google images though I saw that the later vans have a bolt connection so now I’m thinking it will be easier and safer to do similar.

Gasket seal paper works a treat. What people make custom gaskets with.

I’m sure as said above that the fibre washers could be made. What I struggled to find was the little male-male spade connection that runs through the middle of it. Ended up having to re-use mine but araldite it in place where the prongs had broken off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts