FINISHED; 69 walk-through panel resto in Sydney

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got my ignition sorted

VanSat023.jpg

Horn works lovely ;)

Large ve-hicle
VanSat028.jpg

lobus said:
Nice resto on the Chev.
Pity they look more like a land yacht than a car!

at a cursory glance yeah but it's rusting in some nasty places, i think it was restored maybe 10 years ago but the bloke that owns it leaves it outside all year round. It is an audacious thing though, can't help smiling when i look at all the overdesigned styling, it's so optimistic, really of it's time.

...while on the topic this was finished today, had a left/right conversion and power steering. Quite partial to a Bullit Mustang me.

VanSat048.jpg

VanSat055.jpg

VanSat058.jpg

VanSat054.jpg

VanSat043.jpg

Goes quite fast.

But enough of that nonsense. Here's an old squareback

VanSat033.jpg

Looks like a top shop to go and play in. pity you are in Sydney and I'm not! That Mustang looks the goods.
I can hear it in between all the voices! :shock:

Added more face and arse bits on it, - powdercoated splash trays, rear bumper back from straightening last week then painted this week.
VanSat062.jpg

VanSat063.jpg

VanSat065.jpg

Step on front bumper powdercoated then painted, front bar straight as.
VanSat072.jpg

VanSat077.jpg

VanSat080.jpg

VanSat074.jpg

VanSat085.jpg

Rear valance now in
VanSat061.jpg

VanSat087.jpg

Wheels are painted just need tyres, getting some this week.

Nearly clean wheel bolts.
VanSat017.jpg

Really clean wheel bolts.
VanSat059.jpg

Hopefully next pics it's standing on it's own feet.

Nice work dood 8) one thing tho, why have you put the whitewalls on the inside of the wheels? :?:

easy said:
Nice work dood 8) one thing tho, why have you put the whitewalls on the inside of the wheels? :?:

Cheers mate - with the tyres, I want the vehicle looking stock so that's why they are on the inside. In the future if someone else likes whitewalls on a commercial or could do something with them then they are there.

Quick update, screen in, headling in (needs finishing), panels made for the cargo area (as well as making a new half-depth one for the sliding door to keep, I'm putting on a full depth one to protect the body from the inside, also putting a panel opposite the door on the o/s. There is no way anything rolling around inside is going to dent my bodywork..)
Got a final list now of 21 things that need to be done to finsh the van - this Saturday is the deadline as the years biggest show in Sydney is this Sunday, coincidental milestone - I'll put some pics up of it.

VanSat128.jpg

VanSat131.jpg

- Dirty Harry, in all the excitement they seem to have been overlooked, can't remember them going on or having replacements, or even pulling originals off - long time ago that. Thanks for your keen-eyed tip.

For all intents and purposes finished yesterday, bar some odds and sods - fit cargo area panels I've made, I'd say it's 99% there. Took it to the VW Nationals show in Sydney yesterday, our biggest annual show, really good turn-out, I'll post some pics of that on a seperate thread.

As clean as it is ever gonna be, just before leaving

show002.jpg

At the show

show007.jpg

And later, first passenger - taking my sister out for a spin

IMG_7612.jpg

Off I go on my merry way...

IMG_7615.jpg
IMG_7616.jpg
IMG_7617.jpg

Airtime said:
One of the best panels I've ever seen! Really good job and that colour is awesome! 8) 8)

Cheers mate,

Got this in the post today which was lovely to recieve, from Sunday's VW Nationals show;

show084.jpg

Without sounding like an Oscar winner in my dinner jacket this trophy is dedicated to

Marcus Osborne - managing the entire resto from 2000km round trip to pick it up to the very last adjustments at 7am on the day of the show.

Michael O'Leary - Bodywork prep.

Andrew Sewell - Paint

Thank you fellas

Latest posts