fire/soundproof panels above engine

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkey

Reaction score
hi, anyone out there able to recommend what to use to replace my deceased fire/soundproof panels that clip within the engine bay above the engine :?:

There is various alternatives to the early black tar board type stuff available, but what I got ready to plonk on mine when I wade through the list of things to do, is the newer version off of a 72. It`s lightweight steel panels full of holes that sandwich a layer of compressed fibre glass about 20 to 25 mil thick (1"). Looks a much more robust set up and it`s thicker. Also the holes and the steel give you something to fix to for a firetec or wiring and makes it a lot neater. I`ll spray mine white as well to brighten the engine bay up so it reflects light if you ever need it. Thinking about it, if you made it easily removable then you could hide wiring etc behind it :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Might be the way to go :mrgreen:

I like those as well Ozzie - they only replaced them later with hardboard to save money.

cheers ozzie, i also have a 72 so i know what your talking about.

i'll keep my eyes peeled

Latest posts