First summer show - how to show your van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tofufi said:
My bus was in the earlybay lineup at Stanford Hall one year.

One chap commented as he walked by 'That's not rat look, that's just shit'.

(it's not meant to be rat-look, it's work-in-progress :D)

:lol:

I actually laughed out loud to this! :lol:
fair play fella! 8)

I alway's clean the Van before I leave for a show, and spray the front with meguires quick detailer spray but leave it on so when I get to the show I can just wipe all the flies and crap off the front, thats good enough for me, as getting to the Venue with no big issues is the greatest achievement for me. 8)
Nice to have a clean Van, but its Better to enjoy the time with family & Friends having a Crack. :D

I entered a show'n'shine last year and was going to refit all the odd wheels(including the original sun-baked 43yr old spare), the faded rear lenses and the tin foil coated front lamps, refit the pretoria plates, spray some halloween cobweb spray over it, throw on a couple of scary spiders and park it on red sand and see how it mixed it with the air-ride golfs and audi's but it failed mot so I couldn't register it in time. Very tongue in cheek and hopefully raise a few smiles.
Might do it this year :lol:

typical questions senario.

im after buying a van any tips................yeah buy one.
whats that?........................................its a swamp cooler
what does that do...............................sends me back to a time before i met you
how did you get your paint like that........sorry i dont understand
how did you get it so low and why........., look mate fuck off , i got a serious headache.
i like your stickers.................................i like your mum.
have you had it long.............................. its not even mine , its got beer in it so i thought id hang around.
is it on air suspension.............................no, its not .... are you?

has it got a standard engine...................would you want a standard wife?
i rest my case.

john the horse said:

what does that do...............................sends me back to a time before i met you
how did you get it so low and why........., look mate fuck off , i got a serious headache.
have you had it long.............................. its not even mine , its got beer in it so i thought id hang around.

i rest my case.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Smirk Smirk Smirk :lol: :lol: :lol:

Off to the pub now in a very good mood,, they`ll say to me," What You Smirking At?" Oh ,,,, my mate is just great at pissin off twats,,

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Love all of this gang,,,,,,,,, you`re all nicely warped :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
john the horse said:

i rest my case.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Smirk Smirk Smirk :lol: :lol: :lol:

Off to the pub now in a very good mood,, they`ll say to me," What You Smirking At?" Oh ,,,, my mate is just great at pissin off twats,,

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Love all of this gang,,,,,,,,, you`re all nicely warped :mrgreen:
see ya at datc mate

john the horse said:

i rest my case.

put that on a custom sticker and stick it at some point prominent on the van and you'd be excused of all the questions forever :lol: :lol: :lol:

john the horse said:

i rest my case.

Seriously pissed myself laughing at this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some random bloke kept walking past me in mine saying that's just earning money sitting here isn't it, my response nope it's actually costing me a fucking fortune.

Shows are funny - having been through the "what are you still driving that old thing for?" - "What's the matter, don't we pay you enough?" and "if you must insist on driving that outdated thing, at least have the decency to park it out the back" - stage of ownership.

Myvanway said:
I alway's clean the Van before I leave for a show, and spray the front with meguires quick detailer spray but leave it on so when I get to the show I can just wipe all the flies and crap off the front,

Great tip I am gonna try that!

Removing dead flies is sooo last year :)

I prefer to leave them on.....like a flies graveyard :lol:

Latest posts