Fitting a late bay roof to a december 71

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USwesty

Reaction score
I have a compleat roof cut from a 79 westy and thought I could remove the roof cap from my van by drilling out all of the spot welds, Also one of the roof supports is flat so i will also have to swap this. Has anyone ever done this before? I did also think I could get a sunroof hole cut and weld this into my roof and still use the large late bay bunk? Will this work?

USwesty said:
I have a compleat roof cut from a 79 westy and thought I could remove the roof cap from my van by drilling out all of the spot welds, Also one of the roof supports is flat so i will also have to swap this. Has anyone ever done this before? I did also think I could get a sunroof hole cut and weld this into my roof and still use the large late bay bunk? Will this work?

From memory, the rear corners are different- assuming your '71 has the half-moon vents. So unless it's cheap and you're on with keeping your rear corners, I'd say skip it.

Yeah its has square vents like a late bay. Would my van be classed as a late bay roof then?

Latest posts