Fitting cab door cards...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delilah

Trader
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any reason why someone might have difficulty fitting one of our cab door panels. We've used the same CNC made ones for years. It's a head scratcher. Is there any adjustment in the door gubbings?

It sounds daft but they are are that the holes are offset to allow the use of the proper clips aren't they ?

I have heard people question when the can't use bungs through them.

Yeah they're using the correct clip. When they fit the panel the door opener line up but the winder winder doesn't ...or vice verse. I wondered whether there was any adjustment on those at all. Really odd as we've used these panels for years and they fit. Thanks for the reply :)

Hi ... there's no guarantee that the doors that are on the van are the original doors for the year and the panel inset can be at least 10 mil different end to end depending on year - I had a similar conversation with John and Phil from what was Middletons and both very knowledgeable having made panels for years _they've had to deal with different doors on each side too :). Can you upload a photo showing the issue from the customer ?

Many thanks for replying. The customer says they're original doors. I asked him to send them back with one of his original panels ...I matched the cut outs up and they're the same :-(

Not sure what was going wrong at the fitting end to be honest. Anyway now he has sent them back ...filthy dirty and with screw holes in from speaker fitting :-(

So I just decided to refund him and we'll have to throw them away -unless someone on here want them for free just postage? Here's a pic of them before we sent them out (they have 12cm diameter speaker holes). They're a bit mucky from being handled but will clean up.

May%202017%20-%2048_g9i46.jpg

Hi, be interested in the door cards if there for an early bay, if still available let me know and I'll pm you for payment details.
Cheers Mike