Fitting Cab Doors

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaggy

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone had any tips, I got German Quality door rubbers to replace the crap ones someone put on, cause the bottom corner sticks out a little, so when fitting the door should I get it flush with out the rubbers also just thought if someone new of some trick or is it abit trial and error :D

fit them without the rubbers try to line it up as best as you can, then fit your rubbers and do the final lining up.
you might have to adjust it in a few weeks as the rubbers "squash" a bit

what years your bus, are the bolts allen headed and countersunk or staning proud and 10mm?

shouldnt have washers then... try the doors without.
sometimes people pack doors out with washers to line em up better

also are they new doors (bare) cos its a lot easier to fit them when they are empty!

I know the door on the passenger side is original that doesn't have washers but the driver door is a German one from JK and it does. Hopefully it all works out :D

annnnnnnd the door are packed full of stuff :D I will have to eat my spinech. Are there many places to adjust the doors or is it just the hinge and lock on the body work.

Latest posts