Fitting curtains

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruth11

Reaction score
Hi All

Completely stripped early bay, nothing there at all, need to fit curtains!

Wondered what people's opinions are on the best way to go about this. What's the best runner\tracking rail to use? We are planning to fit jailbars so that the curtains hang against the window rather than drooping down leaving a big gap for light to get through.

Do people fit curtains to the windscreen (seems a bit silly but maybe they do?!)? Is there a custom windscreen cover that people use instead?

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced decent curtain maker as well please?

Thanks

Hi! Ours are just attached on cables (just like the ones used for net curtains). The cable slots through the top of the curtain and at the end of each cable is a small hook which clips onto screws in the body of our van which were there when we bought her- i think this was probably the way the curtains were hung when she was converted originally. The bottom of the curtains work on the same system so basically they are then held flush against the side of our van. We use curtains in the front of our van but there seem to be some great insulation mats that you can buy to go around the front window screen- have seen some that fit to the inside and some that fit to the outside- good luck with the curtains anyway!!!!

You can either go the route as above which I have or there is the option of using silent gliss track, have a search for this.

The track can also go above the front screen.

Thanks guys

I've been looking at the silent gliss track. The curtains that we took out were connected using the wire as above, so that's definitely another option. I also like the idea of not using the jailbars to keep the curtains down - it seems some curtain makers will put magnets in the bottom 2 corners to stick it to the van.

Hmmm... decisions decisions!

It's going to have to be a very quick project this, so watch this space, I will post pics when done!

I have elastic along the bottom of the windows to tuck the curtains behind when closed.

on the front screen my westy has push fasterners along the top of the window so I made a 1 piece curtain..

P1030754.jpg

Latest posts