Fitting Porsche adapters.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondiedread

Reaction score
Looking for some wheel nuts to use with my 22mm porsche adapters......
Machine 7 want over £30 for 10 slim nuts---> VERY :shock: :shock:
Also think I need some shorter studs in the front hubs, what does anyone else use to fit adapters?
I have late bay spindles to go on the front, and am thinking of putting late bay 5x112 drums on the back....Are they a direct swop for early ones?
1 more........Anyone know if 16x6 Fuchs fit on an early??

Thanks in advance,

Matt.

What adapters are you using? I fitted cool air ones, fitted fine on the front, using Aly Porsche bolts bough from a mate (check ebay) on teh rear my 69 bay drum neeeded to be ground down, there are thre raised sections that dont allow the adaptor or wheel to fit.

DSC00038-1.jpg

as for teh late rear drums, I'm sure there are ways of making them fit!

if you stick with the rear wide5 rear drums and need porsche fitment adaptors, Pm Leon off here... he has just bought some off a bloke from vzi who makes them.

He goes by the name of butty. He also sells the bolts for £1 each, don't know about nuts. His adapters are spot on.
I'll pass on his email if you have no joy finding his threads on VZi.

i might be interested in a set for the rear of my bus mate

dont want to be driving around with just porsche wheels on the front and not on the rear :lol:

Cheers guys.
The adapters were off of Ebay, got 2 pairs. They look like they coud be Butty's ones but they didn't come with any bolts. I expected to use the stock wheel bolts to fit the adapters then Porsche bolts to fit the wheels, but the late bay front hubs have studs rather than tapped holes so I need to get some nuts to suit, I'll mail him to see if he can sort me out
Anyone any info on the late bay drums and 16x6 Fuchs?

Thanks again,
Matt.

butty is a top bloke i found his listing on ebay and found him on VZi aswell.

he has sorted me out with a set-up and is sending it to me soon as he can.

he sounds like a top bloke as he replied so quick too

i owe him a drink and you leon and ant

just tried to fit my wheels with the adaptors that butty sent me.

bad news is wheels are too wide to fit on my bus looks like i need different wheels again

thats 2 sets of porsche wheels i will prob have to sell now :x

i have fuch and cookie cutters

fuch
8j and7j

cookies
7j

i thought they were going to fit but still too wide with adapters it hits the arch

i thought that buying the adapters it would save me £300 coz creative do a drum kit, which i worried about as you can't buy drums on own you have to buy the kit to replace the drums if they wore down too much

someone help me PLEASE :cry:

all i want is my bus on porka rims with porka brakes
looks like i will have to sell my wedding presents, wife is not happy about all this either

sounds to me like your wheels are the wrong offset, if you are looking for a 15" wheel, you need something that is et52, the problem you have with cookie cutters is that they dont have the offset marked on them, but i think that if you bought a 6" teledial or cookie cutter they would be the correct offset, dont quote me on the cookie cutters though as i dont know if they come in a 6" lol, teledials deffiantly do though, or you could go teh same route as me and get 5.5" Porsche Steels.

As for the brakes, i am literaly about to fit mine, i just need to get the calipers painted, do you want single pot or twin pot Porsche Brembos?

you will still need high offset Porsche wheels though.

mk2matt said:

bad news is wheels are too wide to fit on my bus looks like i need different wheels again

Have you got round this problem yet ? Ive just skimmed a pair down and gained an extra 6mm of clearance if that helps , or was it a massive amount the needs to come off for them to fit .... ?

butty said:
mk2matt said:

Have you got round this problem yet ? Ive just skimmed a pair down and gained an extra 6mm of clearance if that helps , or was it a massive amount the needs to come off for them to fit .... ?

Hi Butty,
are you the same buttythat sells the adaptors or VZi ?
If so whats the going rate for 4x 5x112 to 5x130 with the porsche bolts - for fitting cookie cutters - probably posted unless you are going to Bristol Volksfest.
Cheers
loxy.

Latest posts