Fitting the front lower inner panel thing...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tofufi

Reaction score
I bought this panel:

CIMG7004.jpg

Having split it open to rustproof inside it and make it easier to fit...

CIMG7005.jpg

When fitted centrally like this (this is the inner / behind section)

CIMG7006.jpg

There is a large gap at each end.

CIMG7007.jpg

CIMG7008.jpg

Presumably I need to just fill those gaps in with sheet metal?

Also...

CIMG7009.jpg

how is the outer lower valence panel meant to fit to the inner panel show above>

yep you need to make the extra metal up yourself, i dont know why they do this to be honest.
re the last bit, you just put it back the same way you took it off :wink:

Cheers SK

on the second bit, I actally was meaning how this bit is meant to be attached.

CIMG6821.jpg

(the bit falling off)

I took it off with a grinder, I dont reckon that would work to put it back on again :lol:

spot weld it along the bottom and seam it at the sides where the end of the cab steps are. then the top piece will need to be butt welded to the new front panel your putting on. also make measurments of were your indicators go as you will need to fit the pressings from the old front into the new.
take your time as the front panels always have a different curvature to the lower repair panels, and cut that bloody lip of the new front panel! :shock:
you want to end up with this, bra is optional!
brabus.jpg

hope that helps :wink:

Fitted a NOS one to mine and still needed to make end pieces.Checked on rust free bay and its a seperate small panel between inner front panel and bottom of door post.

^^What Steve said.

The bits you are missing are actually part of the 'a' post. Got some good posts from fbi with the bits still on (although rusty).
Remade them from templates off the existing.
DSCF0295.jpg

DSCF0294.jpg

Latest posts