Flashing

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I flash all the time :shock: & mines a U.S Bus, think it depends on how yours been converted over here & what relay been fitted.

Max Power said:
I can't in a Cali bus,just pull the headlight switch,not too hard is it ? ;)

It is if you're flashing someone. Taking eyes off the road, find switch, pull, push back in.

terrier man said:
I flash all the time :shock: & mines a U.S Bus, think it depends on how yours been converted over here & what relay been fitted.

Cheers. Will try and find out.

Sorry I was in a rush we hen I posted my reply, my bus is a US bus and I can flash, as has been said you will nee to read up about how to convert for the correct relay etc.

I'm intrigued by this. Finally fitted my new indicator switch from EIS everything working fine or so I thought. Then tried to flash the headlights and nothing. When the lights are on dipped it swaps to main but no flash only if switched off? Going in search of threads now as I presumed it just needed a new relay, but need to read up now and make sure I get the right thing

Nugsy said:
I'm intrigued by this. Finally fitted my new indicator switch from EIS everything working fine or so I thought. Then tried to flash the headlights and nothing. When the lights are on dipped it swaps to main but no flash only if switched off? Going in search of threads now as I presumed it just needed a new relay, but need to read up now and make sure I get the right thing

My US bus will switch from dipped to main but then I have to switch it again to turn it off, no flash. Also I have to have my headlights on.

Supertramp said:
Nugsy said:

My US bus will switch from dipped to main but then I have to switch it again to turn it off, no flash. Also I have to have my headlights on.

mines a US bus and my flash is as above, dipped on and then more of a switch on / switch off affair.

would love to know how to change this as it drives me mad :evil:

My 1969 US bus would only flash with the lights on. To modify this so I could flash the headlights with the lights off I wired in a 12v 30 amp auxiliary relay with a small blocking diode as per the diagram below. It works fine on my bus and I did not have to chop any wiring or replace my dip relay. Looking at later US diagrams it should also work for them.

Latest posts