• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Flat4 Slot Mags v's Flat4 Fuch

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kempy

Reaction score
I'm torn between the two.

I've always wanted a set of Fuch's as so classic, however due to the reproduction's seen more often these days.

I also really like the new slot mags from Flat4 and admit they may be a required taste as very 1970's.

To make matters worse I've just bought a pair of front Porsche 944 brakes to go on the front to fit the fuch's, however I got a call 30 mins after collecting these from a friend who told me that he had a set of the mags that i could buy.

As for the fuch's i can't get a set of 4.5" & 5.5" for at least 6 -7 months.

What do i do ???

If i buy the mags the brakes go or wait for the Fuch's and then fit the brakes ?

For me, early bay = fuchs and mags on a later model :)

Clem said:
For me, early bay = fuchs and mags on a later model :)

Thanks Mike,

However i'm more concerned as to why i posted this in the for sale section :?

If you are going down the Fuch route my advice is take your time and look for an original set....they may be expensive but you will not regret it when you compare them to repros

this is me with them on
mybus2ze4.jpg
[/url]
[/img]

vil said:
If you are going down the Fuch route my advice is take your time and look for an original set....they may be expensive but you will not regret it when you compare them to repros

In 4.5 and 5.5 you'll need to add inner tubes, plus there's the risk of cracks on a 40 year old wheel under a bus.

I have Flat4 repros for my Westy :wink

2133644890075421273S600x600Q85.jpg

kempy said:
As for the fuch's i can't get a set of 4.5" & 5.5" for at least 6 -7 months.

What do i do ???

OG set on VZi for £1200.

Flat4 from http://www.cip1.com ?

Or try Alex @ http://www.magrowheels.com he sourced my set and detailed them for a great price.

I went through all this at exactly this time last year. When it comes to repros there is one key issue to keep in mind. Most (MWS etc) are available in bay pattern. This means there is NO WAY they can be the correct dimensions/shape etc-which is why the just don't look 'right'.

Flat 4 are Porsche pattern and therefore look pretty much exactly like OG ones. In fact, there are plenty of Porsches around with FF ones on. For that last touch, get some OG caps (KK sell them).

In this pic I have OGs on the back and FFs on the front...

ccrwheelie.jpg

I'm not sure of the exact offset of these wheels (44+?), but they would probably tuck in quite nicely - and they're Porsche 5x130 PCD :D

babyfuch.jpg

Thing is they're 14" not 15" - so may not clear your 944 calipers.

Now our bus is going I don't really know whether to keep them or oust them :?

woodys wacky wheels said:
Mike,
probably like me and our buses

we are getting old :wink:

have you got a pic of the mags ( or link to one )

when will your bus be out on the road

Ernie,

The van has never been off the road just that the weather has been shite and not arsed using it.

I played a little with it today but don't think for a minute I'm doing loads of stuff. I'm happy the way it is bodywise with a few dings here and there give it character.

Basically i want it to look like an OG 1969 van although it has been painted with a few rust spots and all.

Latest posts