Flooring suggestions

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5erge

Reaction score
Will be laying a new floor soon, but don't want to follow the trend with madmatz chequered tiles.

Will probably go with a cream/off white vinyl floor and finish off the edge with a aluminium trim. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what flooring to go for?

Cheers

Des

We used carpet tiles for practically finished off twith the neat ss trim from Vanwerks

http://www.vanwurks.co.uk/e107_plugins/e107shop/product_details.php?product=44&cat=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is usually a good selection of colours in the large B&Q's

I used vinal, I got mine from a carpet shop, IMHO better than tiles as you dont get the dirt stuck in the gaps like you do on the tiles.

I got an offcut for £12

not the best photo, buut you get the idea.

a3fbce73.jpg

Also for the best results i recomend removing your interior.

Hi, cushion floor vinyl wont be no where as durable as tiles, but its alot cheaper, so you get what you pay for and all that, having said that it still should be ok as long as you dont abuse it too much, like dropping knives, or wearing stiletto's in your bus :lol:, just make sure your sub floor is sound and clean and stick the vinyl round the edge wih double sided tape, the best way to fit board (subfloor) and your vinyl is to template it, make a paper template (thick paper works best) of the floor but leave it about half an inch short round all edges, then take a ruler and butt it against the edge of the van and then draw a line on the back of the ruler onto the paper, repeat this process until you have been all round the edges, (taking care not to move the paper, i kneel in the middle of it, doesnt move at all then, as im a chubber :lol: )..... then place paper on top of board or vinyl and then line up ruler with your marks and draw on the other side of the ruler onto board or vinyl, and when youve gone all round the edges you can cut out material, and hey presto a perfect fit!!!......a floor layers top tip for you, hope this makes sense, and helps you fit your new floor,

good luck...............kev :)

Like he said ive just taken vinyl out of my bus and it wasnt very durable to be honest. It gets dented if you know what i mean and can get scratched quite easy (a pattern might not show it but B&W cheque did).
I dont think you should have any gaps in the tiles with madmatz tiles. They seem more durable and when cleaned can be polished to protect them.

Ive got Carpet store vinyl in mine and after three summers of fairly carfeul use, its pretty shagged. Look at commercial flooring suppliers to get the better quality stuff, they often will deliver smaller cuts to distributors for easy collection.

Im changing mine this winter for some og floor Ive sourced ... 40 years old and its better than my three year old piece!

Latest posts