Foksy adjuster????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j.nathan

Reaction score
Thinking of fitting a Foksy adjuster to the front beam to get a moderately low stance.

Has the Foksy any advantages over other lowering devices except less work?
With the bottom torsion bar permanently under load, will this eventually weaken it?
Can i reposition the bump stop to suit?
What shocks are best with a Foksy? I've read somewhere about Fiat shocks.

Thanx,
Jon.

If you are going only slightly lower, why not go for dropped spindles. They won't mess up the ride and you don't have to cut and weld the beam.

As far as I know the only dropped spindles available for ball joint Bays are the welded ones which i don't trust.
Unless you can tell me otherwise?
Would be great if i could use them.
Don't want to convert to K/L pin either.

personally id go with the avis style adjusters. ive known the folkseys to "slip" thus unknowingly lowering your bus more
also ive never liked cutting the top or bottom beam in half to fit one and it must put more load on the lower torsion bars. the top and bottom leaves are effectively fighting each other?

Justin & Mutley said:
Haven't seen the Avis type before - what's the difference?

;)

Avis style is like you get on the puma bug beams, a plate on the beam with teeth and an interlocking plate that mesh into each other.
you drill out the dimples on the beam, cut a slot and weld it together.
Busboys do a similar kit but its more involved as it comes in 4 bits not 2.

lookey here
http://www.coolairvw.co.uk/viewProduct.aspx?id=10234

Fraggle said:
I had a Foksy adjuster once........wouldn't have one again.

tell us why fraggle? ive never run them but customers and friends have had probs.
ive welded a couple "shut" before cos they "slide"

you can only buy welded bay spindles, there would be a massive market for cast spindles but the three different spindles are probably an expensive investment.

slammedkustom said:
you can only buy welded bay spindles

Slammed Panel do baywindow dropped spindels too and what I've heard is that their spindles are not welded, only machined. I believe they drop your bus 6" (correct me if I'm wrong). Price is around 500 euro. It's pretty hard to contact them, tho. :?

slammedkustom said:
their site also said its going "live in 2004"
think they missed that deadline :lol:

:lol: :lol:

They're still alive, though! :wink: The sell Avis-type adjusters and dropped spindles for both Bay and Split.

Latest posts