Folding Buddy Seat

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creationblue

Reaction score
Hi lady's & gents.......I think im gonna need an extra seat in the bus, and earmarked the o/s bulkhead to mount a folding buddy seat to. Anyone recommend a seat? Volkswares sell 2 types on ebay but one says 50kg max, and the other dont specify. 50kg is fine for the Mrs & kids but im 65ks and cant trust myself after a night on the apples to remember not to sit on it :lol:

Just

I've fitted the Bluebird Customs folding buddy seat to mine, and I'm well happy with it.
aa7ad7f5.jpg

Hey Just.
The one Mr Scoops is showin you is the same as mine, just the frame cost's about £75 from Bluebird. I got mine all in with upholstery + p&p for £120 from J&S Upholstery (Joanne),they did a pretty good job matching it to the rest of my interior
& consider it to be one of my better purchases, I couldn't of made it cheaper myself,well not to that standard.
As for this weight thing I'm 100kg :shock: & sit on it all the time. :D I did use 4 bolts to the bulkhead not the 2 supplied as I do tend to overkill a bit. :lol:

Don't limit your options with automotive and caravan seats. Remember there are hundred of different foldable boat seats on the market too.

Landrover Discovery Mark 1 rear 'dickie seats' can work well. And v cheap on ebay.

A bit of a PITA working out how to fix/make mounts but folds very neatly..

JS

Those Disco ones look good, there is one in beige leath on ebay at £40 right now, decided against it as another 1 I had my eye on just sold......to me.......thanks all.

Just

The red Landrover buddy seats were my fitment for MIKER. They work really well, they dont take up a lot of space when folded and do take the weight when in use, classic shape & style, cheap to buy and easy to recover.

Chaps, the last photo with the Land Rover buddy seats had lap belts. How safe are they for travelling in? Need someway to get an extra 2 seats in the back with seat belts/ lap belts?

Thanks

Chris73 said:
Chaps, the last photo with the Land Rover buddy seats had lap belts. How safe are they for travelling in? Need someway to get an extra 2 seats in the back with seat belts/ lap belts?

Thanks

The seats when fitted side on in the 200 and 300 series Discovery had lap belts fitted anyway, was only the later TD5 shape disco which had better fold away seats with a 3 pointer fitted, so i would say the older style disco seats are fine with a lap belt. Can't remember if the lap belt is bolted to the seat and frame, or to the body, but you can use your own belts i guess as long as you can bolt them securely somewhere.

Cheers,

Alistair

Just won an auction for the land rover buddy seats, £19! Has any body got any close up shots of the brackets/ where to mount he seat belts to?

Cheers

Chris

Latest posts