Folding Caravans

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been doing odd jobs on the caravan... one was recovering the seat cushions. I couldnt find any fabric that was close so went for a complete clash. St michael purple 70s fabric

P1080868.jpg

I thought it was time to resurrect this thread as I joined the folding clan this week.

1979 Confort.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Needs a good clean, some old carpet removing to reveal the lino, and the internal electrics checked.
But it was a bargain, came with fridge, awning, leisure battery and a full gas bottle.

:D

:lol:

Managed to erect the Rapido today and give it an air. Ripped out the damp and smelly carpet tiles to reveal the original lino.
One of the previous owners has cut the flooring when fitting the carpet tiles. Need to find a piece of neutral lino to fit in the centre section, and then the next job is to rip out the electrics and start again.

017_zps6c978532.jpg

The previous owner has left me a drink. :D

019_zps8966e7d0.jpg

1980 Rapido Confort non-matic pic's from the mid 90's.

scan1_zps37801a1a.jpg

There in their 20's now
Scan2_zps1af59d61.jpg

Forgot I was once a Mondeo man. :oops: :lol:

Bwuttonmoon said:
I unfolded my other one yesterday just to have a look... apparently its quite rare as its not the small or large version but medium with extra cupboards and a wardrobe at the back.

P1080530.jpg

P1080539.jpg

P1080536.jpg

P1080525.jpg

That is seriously sweet.

Sent from my iLife4 suite of applications.

Latest posts