For all Y'all Oldskool skateboarders.....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myvanway

Reaction score
Wanted to share this...

I've justdownloaded and watched what to me is the RAD'est SK8 DVD since 'Lords of Dogtown 'and what to highly recommend this to all you old skool skaters out there and the new guys too.... this is how it was done!!

£30 quid on Blue ray!
Downloaded off iTunes for £13 quid. 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIIaJRlr6-Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Powell Peralta decks were IMO the coolest of cool decks back then, the artwork was cool as, and they have now reissued them too!!!!!
I want them all!! 8) OG ones are super hard to find, so if you have one...... Give it to me!! :lol:

Rodney Mullen Free-styling!!
8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mps0LTpIBE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Made me feel old watching it though!!!
Going to start collecting old RAD magazines....I chucked all mine...well Mum did!! :roll:

radish said:
Great film, could it also be classed as a chick flick as there is some crying in it.
It's on netflix too

Its emotional... 8) cant wait till the Stone Roses film...I'll be blubbing at that me thinks!! 8)
........Mid life Crisis me thinks...maybe?!?!...........Wander if I can still Ollie?? :shock:

My board.

Custom 28" West Country Decks (purely by chance, stayed at the farm B&B, cut to my spec...) Tracker Fulltracks and 65mm radius edge Blue Kryptonics. Brought a set of Simms Snakes back from Canada and for some reason swapped them for a set of Bones whilst at Wicksteed Park when it had a real true pukka skatepark. There were several bowls (the cloverleaf being the best) along with a fast downhill slalom run, all of which equalled the best anywhere. Gutted that it's all gone now, was the most authentic skatepark I was aware of outside So Cal.
First real board was a 29" G&S Fibreflex with ACS 530 trucks and Gecko Speed King translucent red wheels. Cost over £100 back in 1977 ish, big bucks then. Had a Norcon helmet and Cooper pads, all ice hockey kit as was the norm then, lost in the mists of time....
Memories eh, makes me feel even older than ever..... :?

Oh and yes, 'Alva Skates Dominates'

:)

faux said:
in RAD back in 91 or 92.........

Jeez, have been trying to work out dates, definately '78 when I went to Canada for the first time (and got the Sims Snakes) so thinking maybe '79 when this board came together.
Old School maybe, old fart without a doubt. :lol:

Hi All

although im a newbie to Early bay ( and i will get an intro thread on soon) im not new to VW's having been involved with them for many years through various clubs such as Restowagen and Dub addicts. Ive a 66 restocal beetle and im in the process or buying a 70 doormobile bay .

Along with my passion for vw's i have a passion for skateboarding and in particular collection old skate decks.

ive well over 100 and they are just great things to have hanging on the wall.

as it seems there are a few skaters here i thought i'd share a pic or two.
apologies for it being non VW related.
this is very small sample and all the decks are old originals. no modern reissues here .

the bones brigade

Vision Gators

And my only vw related deck

Sone cool stuff there, ive still got my board from the late seventies early 80 s
Somewhere in the shed from memory it was a Skate Star deck ACS 800 Trucks and Sims comp 2 wheels.
I'll drag it out an take a pic.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Cool....I feel old!

Still got my Schmitt Stix Chainsaw which is sole times a trophy on top of my bus. Just a bit shorter that the Yard Stick by the same company.

I used to skate Bedminster and my friend built the two metal ramps. Used to be able to Ollie over four boards stacked side on.

Lived on a skateboard for about five years. Will get a pic up.

Dai-mond said:
Hi All

although im a newbie to Early bay ( and i will get an intro thread on soon) im not new to VW's having been involved with them for many years through various clubs such as Restowagen and Dub addicts. Ive a 66 restocal beetle and im in the process or buying a 70 doormobile bay .

Along with my passion for vw's i have a passion for skateboarding and in particular collection old skate decks.

ive well over 100 and they are just great things to have hanging on the wall.

as it seems there are a few skaters here i thought i'd share a pic or two.
apologies for it being non VW related.
this is very small sample and all the decks are old originals. no modern reissues here .

the bones brigade

Vision Gators

And my only vw related deck

Now some of those bring back memories, I remember seeing the bones brigade at Southsea back in 1988 ish.
Southsea was my local park at the time and skated with Sean Goff, mark and Barry Abrook. Man I looked up to those guys.
I trashed my hill and mountain decks. Ooops

Wouldn't have the heart to rail slide any of them decks now!
Wasn't cool to have grab rails nose and tail fins all in the bin ASAP!!

Might get me one of the reissues and build up a little summer number.
Independent trucks and slimball wheels!?!
What were those fast bearings called again?

8)
W.G.U?

Used to skate way back in the very very early 80's after a mates cousin came over from the states. He borrowed my chopper and lent me his board. Was hooked till BMX took me over (still got that in my shed)
Bought a new deck about 8 years ago on my visit to the states (Toy Machine, Thunder trucks, Spitfire charred remains wheels etc) Use it now when I go round the park with the kids. 6 year old on his bike, 4 year old on his scooter, 43 year old 20st me on my board.

Must say Rodney Mullen I could watch all day what he can do on a board. The guy is a genius. Love any of his work especially the rodney mullen vs daewon song videos

My board has them bearings ill take a look WHS I think from Germany
A mate of mine went to the States to have a go at beibg a pro used to sent me bits home.
He gave me the sims wheels and bearings.
We used to scate at Skate star in Guildford.
I remember the gold bowl that actually curved in at the top like a goldfish bowl used to ride it but would. But would scare the shit out of me now.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts