• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale, 1776 engine, twin dellorto's

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngbay

Reaction score
For sale is my 1776 engine, this engine was built in 2007/2008 by myself and was built using virtually all new parts. The engine was fitted into my bay and never did any road miles, it only has 'running in' hours under its belt. The engine was removed earlier this year when i sold my bus and Believe me when it did run it was a very strong engine.

So what's in the engine;

Auto linea super race case 90.5, stroke relieved, full flow (New)
Forged 69mm volksracer crank, balanced (New)
Conrods (Rebuilt)
8 dowel lightened flywheel (new)
Engle 100 cam
Double thrust cam bearings
Chromoly gland nut (new)
Schadek 30mm oil pump (new)
Billet oil pump cover, full flow (new)
Teflon buttons
8mm chromoly case studs (new)
Bolt up rockers (new)
EMPI rocker covers (new)
Petronix 009 ignitor 2 (new)
Flame thrower black coil (new)
Red flamethrower HT leads (new)

A donor 1776 engine was bought for the build and the parts used from the donor engine are;

Barrels and pistons, 90.5

Cylinder heads, which I had refurbed and new valve guides professionally fitted. Reciept of work included

2x dellorto 36's with manifolds

Porsche carburettor linkage (so I was told, not too sure myself)

Some pieces of tinware came from the donor engine and to be honest aren't very nice, this engine deserves some nice new n shiny tinware! The cylinder head tinware is new.

When this engine was removed from my bay some bits n bobs were robbed to enable me to fit the replacement engine. But it wasn't anything major, just a couple of pieces of tinware and some exhaust fittings.

I have possibly forgot to mention something, so if u have any questions just ask.

Remember this is not a reconditioned engine, neither is it a cobbled up engine from bits n pieces scrounged from dodgy mates, THIS IS A VIRTUALLY A NEW ENGINE, 0 miles.

I have receipts for the engine build totalling £3000 (that was in 2007/08). Who knows what this engine would cost nowadays!

So I am looking for £2500

Pics to follow

I can understand you wanting to sell job lot but I'd be interested in the twin carb setup if your willing to break,

Latest posts