• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale 'The Rocket bus' SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K@rlos

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Westfalia pop-top
Gonna be the biggest mistake I ever make but here it goes :? But I need to think about getting a house soon and the urge to go travelling is just getting to great.

1970 poptop westfalia from San Fransisco, imported 2008 by me.
Bare metalled and resprayed November/December 2012
Fully under sealed, all new rubbers and roof canvas with hammock
Re-wired with UK rear lights, leisure battery system and thumping soundsystem
1 off built (by me) 6" narrowed king & link pin beam, adjusters, dropped spindles, narrowed trailing arms, slam shocks and notched up front & adjustable spring plates and HD coil-overs at the rear with 165/55 14" & 195/70 14" tyres on black steels with deluxe trim rings and caps.
CSP shifter, buttys bits throttle and rebuilt steering box

Now for the party piece...

2110 (90.5x82) street/strip motor built by outlaw racer Hector Howe (this is 1 quick bus!) as41 case, full flowed, shuffle pinned, align bored & welded behind no 3.
CB performance 82mm Chevy journal crank, Gene Berg equaliser pulley, stateside tuning full weight flywheel and a Kennedy stage 2 clutch with Dalkin friction plate. Mahle forged 90.5 'b' pistons which are lightened and match weighted. DRD racing 5.4" h-beam rods, Engle FK8 camshaft, Scat 1.4:1 rockers, scat light weight lifters and Straight cut cam gears. DRD L5 CNC ported big valve heads, CSP intakes with Weber 48 IDF's with trumpets and filters, all hand match ported by Hector. CSP throttle linkage, thermo wrapped 1 5/8 merged header with ceramic mondo muffler, external oil filter, sandwich plate and cooler with scoop. Rotating assembly fully balanced to '0' by stateside tuning. Motor pulls HARD from idle to 7000rpm. Autometer tacho, oil pressure & temp gauges fitted, Holley electric fuel pump & regulator, OG Bosch 009 dizzy with Petronix & taylor 8mm leads, OG refurbed Bosch alternator

All bills & invoices for build and parts, more pics available and test drives welcome.
£19950 with race motor or £13950 with a 1600.

Located near Ipswich, Suffolk

We'll I'm 25 and still live at home with no savings :? Spent all my money on the bus and going out.

You can see the amount of porting the intakes & heads have had along with the major mods to the engine bar to allow a proper racing merged header. All this effort results in a very powerful and fast bus.

Latest posts